Boston police respond to armed Boba Fett at train station

Originally published at: Boston police respond to armed Boba Fett at train station | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Had the cosplay not been so excellent and the beskar so realistic the cops would surely have opened fire.

9 Likes

“This is not the bounty hunter you are looking for.”

5 Likes

“Just once, I’d like to meet an alien menace that wasn’t immune to bullets!”

3 Likes

“Of course I need a long gun! Do you have any idea the amount of damage 40 to 50 feral Hutts could do in Back Bay Station?”

9 Likes

I’m going to guess that now that cosplayer is going to have to bathe in the living waters of Mandalore.

2 Likes

This is not the way.

3 Likes

It wasn’t me!

Not sure if he was going for the look in the War of the Bounty Hunters comic, or if he is actually a member of the Mandalorian Mercs, who are cosplayers who make up their own Mandlorian character/armor look.

At a Brony convention I saw a really cool Boba Fett / Nightmare Moon mash up.

5 Likes

“No disintegrations!”

I hope Boston gets to host a Celebration just for a chance to hear about Nightsisters hanging out at Boston Common.

I’m going with Mandalorian Merc. The full picture doesn’t seem to have any of the usual markings on the armor for Boba (other than the helmet scuff), but the lanyard has a mudhorn. It looks like kneepad rockets are still in, though.

4 Likes

OH shit, Bill Burr would be king for the week, or something, and everyone would have to do what he decrees.

3 Likes

This isn’t ‘amusing.’

People are being maimed and killed in droves, because guns are so readily accessible in the US.

7 Likes

The guy would have probably significantly reduced his odds of getting shot if he’d gone with one of the more fantastical weapons rather that something that resembles a real gun at first glance in the dark. Why not the iconic Amban phase-pulse blaster? (Ideally a colorful one like Nerf sells.)

Of course, cops have been known to shoot people for holding cell phones or less, so no object is truly a “safe” choice.

3 Likes

This Boba Fett Nerf blater just came out last month, if you pre-ordered it.

But yes, one should keep props in like book bag or duffel bag until you can get to the convention and get checked in.

2 Likes

Would it start on Mayfeld Monday or Burrsday?

2 Likes

This… this is two things I regret not seeing in person… :disappointed:

2 Likes

Seriously. That totally looks like a real gun too. No wonder people called the police. Keep it in a bag until you get to the convention, FFS.

8 Likes

There’s something fishy about this story. How did they know not to shoot him if they couldn’t see what his skin color was?

/s

2 Likes

Indeed.

Considering how many BIPOC have been shot and killed for holding their wallets and phones, it’s a bit frustrating to see people here just yucking it up like there isn’t a huge fucking problem with both gun violence AND police brutality in the US.

6 Likes

Check This Out GIF

6 Likes