Portuguese President pre-empts Trump's aggressive handshake

This comment is the best thing I’ve read on the internet all week. I wish I could heart it more than once.

2 Likes

Trump’s handshake is just such a middle-school bully thing to do. I wonder how uncomfortable a full on man-hug would make Trump.

6 Likes

The Internet says he’s 5’7” which still isn’t exactly tall, but isn’t exactly short either. Yet, Trump somehow chooses not to mock his height while he’ll pretty much take any opportunity call any other man shorter than 6’ tall some kind of height-related slur.

7 Likes

Trudeau simply braced and couldn’t be moved. Donny pouted.
Netanyahu did a pretty subtle pain compliance hold.
There are photos of Donny, - err, Reek. It’s name is Reek - holding Daddy Vlad’s hand like he’s about to kiss it.

1 Like

See also:

[Not technically a public freakout.]

1 Like

Can you imagine being a Secret Service agent? These guys aren’t political appointments, they’re there to serve the office. And at the absolute pinnacle of their field.

And then… “I gotta take a bullet for THIS ASSHOLE?”

5 Likes

Trump did make very sure that their overtime was covered.

5 Likes

“He got shot? Aww man, right when we all bent over to tie our shoes at the same time. Gosh darn it to heck, what rotten luck.”

5 Likes

We’re supposed to be impressed with Putin beating Dana Rohrabacher at arm wrestling? He knew he had to lose to get on Russia’s payroll.

“His muscles are just unbelievable” Seriously?

1 Like

I’d just be happy to see someone trip him up and watch him roll around on his fat ass having a hard time getting up.

Expose the tRumpists to the fact that their leader isn’t a “strong man” just a fat pants soiler losing the fight with dementia.

5D chess.

6 Likes

He should have prefaced that with, “I’m not gay or anything, but…”

1 Like

I think that’s the play. If he pulls you in he’s obviously asking for a big long uncomfortable hug punctuated by a kiss on the lips.

It’s personal space judo.

3 Likes

Obrigado, Presidente Rebelo de Sousa!

I think you need to add /s… :wink:

He used to be a germophobe phase and didn’t shake hands. I remember him refusing Conan O’Brien once after an interview. Awkward.

2 Likes

The Secret Service is charged with protecting the president’s life, not his dignity.

5 Likes

Trump’s only positive contribution to the world as president may be his introduction of the sport of power handshaking.

I personally envision him saying “Yoink!” while doing this.

1 Like

Really? Tell that to the Allendes.*

*Just as a, like, for example. Truth is the world is littered with dead heads of state the Americans took out in the last 70 years.

Against nations that can’t directly retaliate.

I mean I even day dreamed: what if Kim Jong-un just shot Trump at a meeting. He is almost brash enough to do something like that.

But the reality is, anyone who did that to America would wake up the next day in fire. We literally can stroke anywhere on earth within 24 hrs.

And if we killed the President of Portugal, we may wake up in fire, but he’s important enough with enough allies that there would be repercussions.