Post-Pandemic Response to Failed and Fascist Leaders

I am speaking of whole societies, not of geek (sub)culture. Of course societies can learn, but if you impose measures on them, they will react according to local culture and habits.

Sorry, I didn’t want to imply you did.

This is a difficult conversation between other duties, and I am often mixing general points with direct replies. My bad.

I would not say that. The US had, for example, a very bad start in testing, since they centralised this crucial resource in the beginning. They have, as far as I heard from the podcast of Christian Drosten (virologist, FTR: his group developed the WHO-adopted test), they changed that policy. Still playing catch-up now, while the needed reagents are scarce on the market. Difficult situation, to say the least.

The downplaying? The idiots going to meetings after known exposure? That’s a different shitshow. I can’t even.

The contrary, they should been hold accountable by all lawful means.

“Murder” charges are not among those, in my opinion.
And post-fact interpretation of a situation in combination with ex postfacto law is going to be as toxic as the current US admin.

We will not recognise the world of tomorrow.

And I am already full of sorrow that righteous anger will be so strong during this pandemic that many people will call for heads to roll.

Not figuratively. Literally.

And I have read some history books on where that leads.

Since I started to reply, some other posts came in.

Never said this.

Intention was warning against scapegoating used by power-hungry arseholes, and falling for that. Was also trying to point out that even the ones condemning Trump for the pandemic and shouting murder may be guilty of that, and we should not fall for that. Populism can also exist on your side of the political inclination.

Emphasizing again:

keeping record of the bullshit of populist “leaders” is important.*

Do that. But at the same time take note that noone has a completely right, evidence based, feasible plan how to not end up with a global pandemic disaster. This is about mitigation, and it has been from the very first day.

Yes, quite OBVIOUSLY Trump is making things worse.
But it’s not his fault alone, but a systemic result.

ETA:
I started typing yesterday. I stopped, since I don’t see much point in arguing with you on something we may even in some principles agree on, but apparently cannot find common ground on some others.

But I like to emphasise that we must try not to fall for populism in our anger.

I can’t keep up with the other topic, just scrolled a bit.
Saw this, by @milliefink, which I hold on high regard, BTW.

Soon, we will not recognise the world we live in.
I just hope that humanism prevails. On all sides.

I’m out of spoons.