Post Your Outdoor Recreation Pics

Went camping on an island on the Kennebec River this past weekend. I didn’t take many pics, but got one of this cute little island on the paddle back yesterday:

It was a great time of year to be there. No ticks, still warm, and we shared the whole island (4 miles long) with only one other set of campers!
Heard a lot of barred owls each day, too.

16 Likes

We worked an outdoor show early this morning, it was at a beautiful marina/beach/nature place on Lake St. Clair in Michigan, they have an awesome nature trail system so when we were done off we went for a 3 mile walk.

All I had was my Google Pixel 6 Pro but it does a pretty good job. Tomorrow I think I’ll take the good camera and see what we can find.

These flowers had hundreds of big teddy bear bumble bees.

Almost missed this guy.

This guy was squawking up a storm or I never would have seen him.

Almost missed him, lots of bird watchers with cameras and lenses I dream about.

11 Likes

Great stuff.

3 Likes

Does this count as outdoor rec?

Chicago riotfest.

The Linda Lindas are all 18 and under. But they can “Really wail”

11 Likes

Yay, the Linda Lindas!

Who else is playing?

8 Likes

Big draw tonight is NIN. Just before them is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Less than Jake, Coolio, and a bunch of bands I dont know but am excited to see/hear.

Watching “Mom Jeans” now

10 Likes

I don’t know them either. Are we old and out of touch? :thinking: No, must be the kids who are wrong…

Let me know how NIN is! Last time I saw them was when they toured with Bowie… several iterations of the universe ago now…

10 Likes

A rollicking good time. They played a lot of stuff drom Pretty Hate Machine and Downward Spiral. A great set.

Poliça were great, a bit like Dido meets electronica. Sleater-Kinney were also darn good (yes that’s Carrie Brownstein from Portlandia)

7 Likes

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

After all these years, PHM is still kind of the best of his work, isn’t it… DS stands up pretty well, too.

Or Carrie Brownstein from Sleater-Kinney? :thinking:

3 Likes

Well yes, shes from both :slight_smile: but I figured many more folk would know her just from Portlandia

4 Likes

Maybe… but we call those people “posers”…

Laugh Tongue GIF by Jin

Oh, for a second there, I felt like it was the 90s and I was young again! Then my back reminded me otherwise and I remembered how I’ve totally outgrown those sort of stupid cultural purity tests!

Goth Glare GIF by IFC

I guess aging isn’t ALL bad! People tend to be less insufferable when they age! Not everyone, but most of us.

6 Likes

Fun fact: Sleater-Kinney is named for a highway exit off I-5 between Seattle and Portland.

7 Likes

Get ready for some emerging formations. We’re heading to Lake Powell to see some shit that’s been underwater for decades. Photos to come later.

ETA that was not meant to be a reply to @DukeTrout, unless you want it to be, @DukeTrout

6 Likes

[Andrew L. Yi on Instagram: "Slow-Mo panning with the flow at Franklin Falls, WA"]

Hiked the 2 miles up to Franklin Falls near Snoqualmie, WA, and shot this slow-mo. ^_____^

Edit: Sorry, had to downgrade video so it would fit under the 8mb file size cap.

Edit.2: Changed video to instagram link. Thanks @zfirphdn for the tip!

Edit 3: Domo Domo, @chgoliz, that was a great suggestion!!! LOL, @zfirphdn no more edits from here on out, I’ll just wallow in shame. ^_____^

8 Likes

Oh, that’s lovely. I got that rejuvenated feeling you get from being near water, just from watching your video!

3 Likes

Dawn breaking over the water this morning.

13 Likes

Some people will post a link to their Insta or Photobucket or whatever site they use where they can post the entire thing.

6 Likes

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

Here’s one from this weekend: Steelhead Falls on the Deschutes River.

11 Likes

Heh, that was @chgoliz , but I’m flattered to be confused with her :smiley:

5 Likes

Times like this make Citizen Cope’s song “Mistaken Identity” pop to the fore, along with that feeling that I associate with returning a wave that was actually meant for someone else. ^____^

3 Likes