Post Your Outdoor Recreation Pics

Delete the ’ = ’ at the end of your link.

Hell must be freezing over, if I’m the one offering technological advice on this site!

8 Likes

Thanks for the tip, it works now, and I wallow in shame:

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Wouldn’t surprise me if hell was going through climate change too! ^_____^

8 Likes

Leaves peeped.

Almost made it to 10,000

12 Likes

Aspens aspening in Aspen.

10 Likes

37.2928134, -110.9117973

37.3224470, -110.9530970

The Rincon

12 Likes

Visited San Juan Island, Washington over a long weekend and took more pics at the San Juan Islands Sculpture Park than the rest of the island. ^____^

Lime Kiln Lighthouse

Lime Kiln Lighthouse

15 Likes

What a wonderful looking place.

6 Likes

Thanks, that place was huge, and an unexpected gem on SJI. ^____^

7 Likes

Oh that’s fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

I really loved the leopard with human arms and the fake sheep that in the first picture I thought were real sheep until I saw the close ups!

6 Likes

Domo Domo, those fake sheep were made from old fishnets, intertwining it’s narrative with the fishing history of the island like the majority of sculptures in the park. ^____^

9 Likes

Oh that’s cool! I love how it’s meaningful for its location.

8 Likes

Mountain hiking. We summited an actual mountain. Sure, we started 950 feet from the top, but hey.

12 Likes

Ooooh, is that chicken of the woods?

Lovely scenery all around! Isn’t autumn awesome?

7 Likes

I don’t know my mushrooms, but it could be! That would explain why there was a big section that had been cut off.

Looking it up, I think it was!

6 Likes

Not so much a picture of the outdoors, but instead a picture of what I did outdoors yesterday. This is the map of my path on a 19.5 mile race that included running, single-track biking, trekking, rock scrambling, rappelling, swimming, kayaking, and land navigation. 4 hours, 37 minutes.

The run, single track bike, and one of the trek (off to lower-left) sections.

A section where I dumped the kayak and my pack in some rocky Class 3 rapids, then one of the land nav sections.

All in all a fun and challenging day. For solo racers, 3rd place in the 40+ division, 6th overall.

12 Likes

Those are quite tasty! We make a mushroom/sausage pie when we find them.
This book is a great one for anyone interested in starting mushrooming

It leaves out a bunch of edibles, but makes sure there’s no way you will accidentally poison yourself.
Seems to be available as a free pdf download now, too.

8 Likes

Kiddo’s first outdoor climb today

14 Likes

Look at them go! Yay!

8 Likes

Wow, that looks like a really fun site to start outdoor climbing!
The first time I climbed outside I was older than your little one, but I quickly learned about “Elvis leg,” so funny! I didn’t even feel nervous, but there was no stopping it sometimes.

10 Likes

Recently found a new trick on Reddit that said to identify something, take a pic of it w/ an iPhone, and then swipe up on the picture in the photos app to see the metadata. For plants and dogs, it’s supposed to give identification suggestions that may or may not be correct. ^_____^

WOW, so nobody is catching your ass if you decide to bolt. My brother had a friend who dealt things back in the day, and this guy would run like 5 miles a day on a treadmill, like he’s running every time my brother goes there, and after awhile he asks homedude “WTF are you running so much for?”, to which the answer was: “If anyone tries to rob me, there’s no one that can keep up with me for a full 5 miles, so fuck that Bamma!”

4 Likes