Post Your Outdoor Recreation Pics

It was the right call. There’s another 6 in of rain forecast tonight below Jeff City. We’ve been watching the river rise all day long. There are giant logs floating by. The farthest skull in this picture was actually the third farthest only a couple hours ago.

ETA

3 Likes

This spot is always photogenic. As seen previously in early spring and late autumn:

12 Likes

10 Likes

Cool! That looks like something from Studio Ghibli.

6 Likes

Early morning Virginia kayaking. Lovely mist in the early morning.

10 Likes

i want to go there 30 rock GIF

5 Likes

11 Likes

Very cool. Where?

4 Likes

It’s a park in Vilnius I often go to for a walk - Verkių regioninis parkas. I’ve posted photos of other spots in the same park upthread:

10 Likes

It’s gorgeous.

6 Likes

What’s happening in the picture that looks like the close up of deer or caribou fur? I know that’s not what it is, but I can’t wrap my brain around it.

6 Likes

Blown-down wheat/straw/tallgrass, from a drone?

5 Likes

@anon33932455 has it right, specifically it is previous year’s reeds after winter, photographed straight down.

6 Likes

It does look like a modern art installation, though.

6 Likes

Thank you! I thought that’s what it might be. Fantastic shot.

7 Likes

10 Likes

8 Likes

From a family vacation to coastal Maine:

13 Likes

An eventful counterclockwise trip around Four Corners and Navajoland. ABQ - Taos - Mesa Verde - Cortez - Lake Powell - Monument Valley - Canyon de Chelley - Acoma Pueblo

Mesa Verde

more...

Lake Powell is up 40 feet from last year

Canyon de Chelley is amazing.

I didn’t get many good pics of Acoma because my camera crapped out. But it is also amazing.

12 Likes

Just the usual 1200 m elevation by 18 km hike yesterday, good company and the weather, while starting cloudy and damp, got sunny and mild (though windy).

Partly on trail, partly “intuitively”.
In the general proximity of Passo Godi (Abruzzo, IT), won’t mention the exact peak, as we might or might not have discovered it was a forbidden one (no indications though).

13 Likes