Post Your Outdoor Recreation Pics

USD 1,000 = 1 Boat Buck

I have regretted selling every “big” boat that I had a share in. So that “two happiest days of a boater’s life” is utter nonsense to me. Maybe I’m mixing up nostalgia and regret. Can one grieve for a boat begone?

4 Likes

↓ A series of small cascades: this is Hidden Falls, in St Paul, MN. We’ve had a lot of rain lately; often the falls are dry. The water is from local runoff.

↑ The WPA (Works Progress Administration) stonework is crumbling; the whole park is slated to be updated in the future, as budget allows. At the top of that photo you see the brand-new bridge.

↓ After the falls, the water flows down a sweet (and crumbling) channel

↓ Then the water goes through a broad swampy area

↓ Finally, it meets the mighty Mississippi!

13 Likes

ETA

I think I should have brought my swimsuit trunks.

15 Likes

Beautiful hiking day in the gorge!

13 Likes

Gorgeous!

9 Likes

Some drone shots from yesterday’s walk. Fresh greenery emerging from among old dry reeds looks nice.

13 Likes

A few from the Yukon last week…

A Porcupine with yellow quills

Big Grizzly in Tombstone Territorial Park, up very close!

We also saw in the wild an elk, several grizzly and black bear sows and twin cubs, a moose with very young twins, a black quilled porcupine, several thin-horned sheep and lots of smaller mammals and birds.

The landscape views were often stunning, and the historical sites were both fun and sobering. The sourtoe cocktail in Dawson City was not sobering at all.

15 Likes

Dodging snow and rain in the Cascades, but found some good weather for hiking.

19 Likes

A visit to the Edith Farnsworth house in Plano, IL

13 Likes

What is the window murals? Is it just abstract or something else?

4 Likes

Its a temporary installation. Its made of vinyl semi-see-through panels (like what you would see on bus windows) and is a depiction of a cube structure and has something to do with the small sculpture on the deck just behind my daughter in the photo. The tour guide didn’t seem at all happy about the presence of either and was visibly annoyed when the subject came up.

9 Likes

I had thought that was your daughter…but she did a really good job of holding her hands in such a way that when I zoomed in, for a moment I questioned whether it was AI :laughing:

3 Likes

I think she is holding her wallet and car keys, but yeah I can see it!

4 Likes

Did you buy the boat?

4 Likes

Nope. No taking out of the water to inspect the hull - not buying. He changed the price even lower afterwards. It wasn’t in the condition pictured too.

9 Likes

Well that stinks, but it sounds like you made the best call.

7 Likes

4 miles of kayaking this morning. Had to get a picture of these blooms on a sunken log:

And back at home, peak lavender:

12 Likes

We went for a walk in LA County at the beginning of the month, a nature preserve off the 605. I forgot to post these wonderful things that the preserve people built :bat: :bat:

10 Likes

We have a couple of those over in the park near our house, though they are boxes attached to trees, along a wooded stretch of the walking path there!

6 Likes

This looks so much like a lake near me.

2 Likes