Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Tree frogs in Katherine, NT (Australia)

(2nd picture wont upload. Grrr.)

19 Likes

NT?  

Ah! Never hear about the Northern Territory here in the US.

5 Likes

Look at how adorable that thing is!!! So fuzzy. Such big eyes and ears!!!

sailor-moon-cute

8 Likes

I was first thinking “Northwest Territories” in Canada, but it would be way too cold for frogs in that part of the world right now.

5 Likes

Are you thinking of luring it into your house and feeding it?

6 Likes

I might… but it’s upside down from me, so it’s unlikely to hop this far just to get s snacky… I suppose I could bribe @Wanderfound to pademelonnap and ship, but that doesn’t seem like a great idea, shipping critters via the mail.

6 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to find the name, pink powderpuff really is quite fitting. I am in northern Europe so a plant native to Brazil probably won’t make it here, but it sure is pretty.

Also thank you for all the beautiful birds.

6 Likes

The phrase, “A Northern Territory man today…” is as familiar to Australians as “In Florida today, a man…” is to North Americans.

6 Likes

De nada. You are welcome.

I’m glad you liked it. I’ve been trying to take good pictures of birds, sometimes I get lucky and take an acceptable one.

Cold weather is not good for most Brazilian plants. Although I saw on TV that the botanical garden in London has beautiful greenhouses full of plants and trees from different warm parts of the world.

13 Likes

Searching my chest of old photos for a photography contest, I accidentally found these photos of a rufous-bellied thrush, a flying creature that has adapted very well to life in the big city.

18 Likes

Googly-Eyed Tree__I see what you did there

5 Likes

18 Likes

Breakfast with the three amigos

21 Likes

Tree frog snuggled up next to a rail.

18 Likes

15 Likes

Crouching toad, hidden frog looks like a lime!

Bacana!

8 Likes

18 Likes

I’ve only once caught our snake at the very end of shedding, so I’ve never heard this:

13 Likes

Reminds me of the satisfying feeling when you manage to peel a large section of sunburned skin without tearing it.

11 Likes

3 vultures I rescued on my boat. The other boats that saw us with three massive black vultures perched like gargoyles were a bit perplexed. They stayed with us for a whole day after I plucked them out of the sea. Was pretty cool.

18 Likes