Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

10 Likes
15 Likes

This is my cat, Myrtle, celebrating the Biden/Harris win:

(See what I meant?)

16 Likes

Saw this buck and doe today in the parking lot of the local nature park.

16 Likes

Slightly off topic, as it’s not my pic, but, awwwww!
Biden’s German Shepherd, Major, to be first rescue dog in White House
https://news.yahoo.com/biden-german-shepherd-major-first-130801363.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=ma

19 Likes

Another reason to dislike/distrust Trump. He doesn’t have pets, unless you count his children.

13 Likes

Totally. Springsteen mentioned that in his cool spoken word piece I linked to somewhere else. About how much we’d lost, the lack of life and culture and humanity in the WH these past years.
It will be a soothing balm to see some of that restored.

8 Likes

12 Likes
5 Likes

Coopers hawk in the backyard.

18 Likes

ooooh! pretty!

4 Likes

had a bit of a scare this afternoon…
was receiving a groc delivery from local Publix, so glass door to the porch where the bird feeders are was wide open. as I stood there, just inside, there was a sudden whomp and a poor bluejay was at my feet, clearly stunned from flying - full speed - into the glass door. I was so frightened for my beautiful little friend! I gently picked him up and carefully placed him upright in the pepper plants growing in pots on the rail. it only took a minute or so before he cleared his little anvil head and was able to fly away!
I was so worried about him in the moment, I didn’t even think to get a pic. such beautiful creatures and so very fragile! I just love the birdies that visit my feeder. hours and hours I can sit here and watch their antics and aerobatics. such a simple joy, watching them!

14 Likes

We had a bird do that a couple of months ago. He was laying on its side and interwebs told us to wait. It finally turned itself right side up after 4 to 5 minutes and then sat for some time before flying back to the tree. Birds get over concussions quickly.

10 Likes

A little visitor in my shed:

17 Likes

I am sure it is recommended not to touch/ handle fallen birds. I was so frightened for the little guy and put him down quickly and gently, before the cat could come out and before the delivery person dropped a load of grocs on the porch!
all fared well in the end. just happy my best intention did not prove harmful to the li’l feller.

8 Likes

oh! isn’t she pretty?! do you know what kind of lizard she is?

7 Likes

We don’t have outdoor kitties and we watched for any neighborhood cats. But I think your area has cats, right? I may have interceded if there were a lot of outdoor cats.

3 Likes
13 Likes

18 Likes

Such good friends!

:dog: :rabbit:

8 Likes