Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

18 Likes

Hawk decided to stop by for a drink. A little later it took a bath.

24 Likes

A fierce little hummingbird perched watching the feeder to make sure to not other bird dares to drink from it.

20 Likes

Angry birds!

Oh man, this guy is so cool!

What a ingenious contraption. It gave you a perfect picture!

I don´t know what they are, but they look fantastic!

k-pop magic GIF

13 Likes

It’s no coincidence that the Mexica god of war, Huītzilōpōchtli, was not a jaguar, or a bear, or a wolf, or an eagle, but a hummingbird. These guys are feisty!

15 Likes

I’m cat-sitting this cute little terror for 3 weeks in St Louis.

24 Likes

Dinner at my house: Bonus Cat is tall, a real advantage when begging at the table.

23 Likes

Those ears!

:heart_eyes_cat:

13 Likes

When Yahweh was younger we had a staircase with a newell post that he liked to hang out on. I would stand a few feet away and toss balls of wadded up aluminum foil at him. His goal was to successfully swat the ball back at me and then get all four feet back on the newell post before he fell off. In a later house he’d use the keyboard cover of the piano similarly, but you could tell it just wasn’t as much fun for him.

13 Likes

It’s easy to midunderestimate the dynamic range of an animal’s coat. It’s not uncommon for animals to have such a huge range between darks and lights that even good quality camera sensors literally don’t have the dynamic range to capture it all in any single exposure.

That’s almost always the cause of that sort of blowout, and why I have yet to get a decent photo of our two white ducks hanging out with the recently adopted black duck. That said, there are a few breeds of dog whose guard hairs fluoresce, thwarting efforts to artificially light them. (Really makes ya wonder what Darwin was defending against that day, right?)

tl;dr: It’s not you, it’s them.

11 Likes

The bannisters are Molly’s catwalks.

20 Likes

// swoons gaily

9 Likes

Our late cat Samantha used to lay on the bannister of our stairway and chill with both front legs hanging off the sides. :heart_eyes_cat:

13 Likes

Another watcher, this time a ruffus.

22 Likes

Somehow, this little guy got stuck inside the house. I got over my slight entomophobia and managed to “capture it”. I let it go outside. Perhaps it feasted on the plants in the garden…

There is an interesting local popular belief around these insects. People believe it brings good fortune, especially if one lands on you. On the other hand, if you find a dead one, it is considered a bad omen. They are called here “Esperança” (hope).

I don´t believe in myths, but I think we must be careful. :^))

18 Likes

Caramba!

What beautiful creatures! Thanks for posting it here!

barney stinson tru GIF

The Aztecs were right. Humming birds sure are beautiful, but they can be very angry. Sometimes they look like WWII era airplaines doing dogfights and dive bombings.

13 Likes

17 Likes

Wait for it…

21 Likes

My grandmother told me that when I was a kid. I’ve heard it’s the same in Chinese culture. Once, and I think it was an accident because it never happened a second time, I found one trapped between the outer and inner bags of a delivery from my favorite restaurant. Fortunately, it hadn’t been crushed.

Same reaction here. Thank goodness for the bags, because I wasn’t gonna let it touch me. :grimacing:

12 Likes

You can buy cricket cages in the markets all over China:

13 Likes