Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

kawaii anime girl GIF

8 Likes

Cicadas on the fence.

Empty Exoskeleton

Newly emerged from exoskeleton. The bug is still whiteish and wings are not fully inflated.

Ready to go make a racket.

15 Likes

Cicadas on the fence

Am I the only one whose mind went immediately to Gertrude Stein’s “pigeons on the grass alas”?

8 Likes

14 Likes

kit kat cat nap.

10 Likes

Siesta!

11 Likes

Live fish cam from the DNR fish pond at the Minnesota State Fair, through Labor Day.

Each year the pond is stocked with about 40 different fish species that call Minnesota home.
There is no audio or night lighting available with this camera.

ETA: Need help identifying?
MNDNR Images by Category:Fish
MNDNR Common fishes of Minnesota

11 Likes

yay, fishies!

6 Likes

I could watch them all day! And I’m still watching them now, after dark. It’s such a completely different look in terms of what the camera captures. It’s like the party starts when the lights go down! (Is it air bubbles or just impurities in the water, that seem like confetti?) And so little depth of field. Fishes appear and disappear just like that. Sort of intimate and mysterious at the same time. The joint is still hoppin’ after dark, in a wonderland kind of way.

8 Likes

Sr. Xuxu, our tuxedo cat, has been constipated for over a month. The intervals between trips to the toilet have been constant. Every three days he evacuates and this is definitely not normal. We called the vet and she asked for several tests and prescribed some medications…

The poor cat endured blood tests, ultrasounds, and some others, that have not revealed anything like infections, cancer, or anything that would prevent normal use of his litter box. He has intestinal and liver inflammation, but it was something He always had, and among the symptoms of this disease, constipation is not listed.

Now we find out that he has osteoarthritis and it causes pain in his hind legs and spine. It may be this that causes great discomfort when using the toilet. He may be holding back the urge to defecate as much as possible and only runs to the litter box at the last minute.

He is being treated and We hope to see some results anytime soon.

13 Likes

Not sure if it is the same caterpillar or not, but we found this little guy in the grass far from any milkweed.

What started as a one day science lesson turned into a longer term lesson, as Mr. Caterpillar (my daughter decided it was a boy) begins to transform…

14 Likes

ETA I was coming back from the market when I saw this flock of parrots/parakeets eating Ipê pod seeds.

16 Likes

15 Likes

Thank you so much for posting the link again this year! One of my most favoritest things at the MN state fair since I was yea high! :hugs:

7 Likes

with the diesel powered purr box!

12 Likes

Chrysalis.

14 Likes

The way they make the gold stripe is amazing and the green so gorgeous

9 Likes

Truth in advertising!

10 Likes

New found kitty…
It is a super skinny manx. I thought it might be a 6+ month old “kitten”, but based on its microchip registration date it might be 12ish.
The microchip company called me this morning to let me know that they left a message with the number they had registered.
It made a huge mess last night with those long jack rabbit rear legs sending litter everywhere. It then proceeded to spill half of its water bowl; which made a bigger mess of the scattered litter.
Dug out one of the old high-sided boxes and moved all the food up off the floor (just left one water bowl down there). We’ll see what I have to clean this evening when I get home from work.
It seems a bit sickly (might just be one of those kitty head colds)

18 Likes

You truly are a cat magnet. :hugs: What a cute little guy! Does he have any tail vertebrae? If he has none, he’s more likely to have difficulty pooping than a Manx with a partial or single full tail vertebrae. (I did a fair bit of homework when we adopted out sweet little Manx with her bunny’s tail.)

11 Likes