Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

There is a reference to this worm in this text about tomatoes. It seems that in the past people feared the fruit and the worm that consumes it.

8 Likes

If you find hornworms again next year (and you probably will), there’s a bacterial spray (that you may already know about?), Captain Jack’s, that works really well to eliminate these voracious beasts.

11 Likes

This stuff?

Works really well on fire ant mounds in the food garden beds too. Drenching is a hassle to get the queen but at the very least they move house and take a huge population hit.

6 Likes

I opened up the kitten room this morning then sat on the couch to play word puzzles. Now I’m trapped!

13 Likes

That’s the stuff!

[Fortunately, fire ants are not one of my many issues in the garden.]

7 Likes

I’m loving the little “grouchy face” one. The one on the upper right, correct? :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

The day was sorted…

8 Likes

I think that might be a great cormorant (AKA black shag or kawau). It was here:

19 Likes

Oh, cool! We get a lot of the double breasted cormorants around here, but I’ve never seen a great cormorant.
A lot of very good ones, but no great ones :wink:
Last time I was down in the Florida Everglades I got pretty excited about anhingas, which remind me of cormorants a bit, but sit even lower in the water when they’re swimming. A nickname is “snake bird.”

11 Likes

Can’t get it in focus bc he moves so much, but here’s the adorable Poly playing with a feather this morning. See that paw?

ETA: one more. I call her Annie, she’s the orphan the mom took on.

14 Likes

Count Rugen!

8 Likes

15 Likes

My wife asked me to ask you how many cats are in your house.She said all the kittens were sooooo cute. I had to agree with Her.

13 Likes

3f12d7b008a783cc7cc3c4e666872deb
Spotted-tailed quoll

12 Likes

Jawlene… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

that’s horrible!
i saw it when they first caught it. so sad. they think the poor creature was hit by a boat prop that cut his nose right off.
don’t know how it smells, now?

awful!

edit typo

9 Likes

It is awful, but I’m glad she’s been found and hopefully, she will get the care she needs to live a long and happy life!

5 Likes

A log ad happy life.

FTFY :laughing:

7 Likes

Right now we have 7. The momma kitty, her 5 kittens she gave birth to, and the little orphan kitten she has been nursing (the white one).
Generally foster kittens stay with one until 8-weeks old so they weigh enough to get spayed/neutered. In that case, we’ll have this clouder for another 3 weeks or so.
Our shelter is so overwhelmed with cats right now, though, that if they need us to keep them longer, we will.

11 Likes

They are so cute that probably we won’t return them :^)) Thanks for you work! Parabéns!

11 Likes