Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

We just went through that (soft tissue tumor in the sinuses/upper jaw) with our Alpha Cat. I’m holding out hope with you that your old guy doesn’t have that after all.

9 Likes

Unexpected kitten rescue in progress. Feral mama cat in the neighborhood with her latest litter of four. One already died, left behind when she relocated the babies. Neighbor found the remaining three and caged them so that mama cat doesn’t hide them again. Two of the three are big fluffy boys, and they’re serving as “bait” (tonight only) to hopefully lure mama cat into the live trap for TNR.

This little guy is half the size of his brothers and a bit of a mess. Kitten foster neighbor and I took him inside tonight, don’t think he’ll make it outside much longer. He’s alone tonight, but his brothers will join him tomorrow.

11 Likes

Happy Surprise GIF by Rosanna Pansino

12 Likes
10 Likes

That’s some good human’ing on your part!

10 Likes

Straight outta streets.

15 Likes

Here are my two best street friends. They are very loyal to each other, and hang out together constantly and make more and more puppies. Whenever I come walking down the street, she sees me and comes running with her limp and shaking her head side to side. He sometimes walks with me down to the bodega if it’s on his daily route.
Sorry I couldn’t get his beautiful copper eyes in the photo. I couldn’t get him to look at the camera. :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

And the other two are inside now too!

Little Dude’s eye looks much better today, and he’s gained something like 15g in less than a day. Handsome Dude is the largest, and Middle Dude is … in the middle.

Mama cat declined to go in the trap last night, so that project continues.

11 Likes

18 Likes

Good boys/girls. How do you call them? There is a howling dog around here and we call Him Raul.

9 Likes

I know they have names, but I just call them My Friends. I can find out later on.

They really are good dogs. Very loyal and friendly. I would love to have dogs like them if I didn’t already have cats.

7 Likes

17 Likes

I’m looking at your CD collection and the only one I can make out is Radiohead!

9 Likes

i see Pearl Jam Riot Act in there, too.

sleepy kitteh has a hidey-hole!

10 Likes

Good eye!

8 Likes

unabashed, horrible snoop, me.
i want to know what y’all listen to and read and tchotskies (like the little plastic car model - top left - which, i believe is one of those toys that @BakaNeko has talked about, made of plastic oil cans by a gentleman and sold on a street there.) Baka?

10 Likes

Oh, These are my wife’s collection. There are Radiohead, Chemical Brothers, Ney Mato Grosso, Fatboy Slim, System of a Down, Nara Leão, Moby, Cornershop, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Clara Nunes and many others.

I gave up my CDs and comic books after the Pandemic. I gave to my brother, friends and libraries.

10 Likes

Lovely tastes! Thanks!

8 Likes

Oh, The car, a dune buggy that looks like a vehicle that Batman would use on the beaches of Ceará, is one of those recycled toys that the boy was selling outside the shopping mall. Next to the handmade buggy there is a miniature of the Beatles’ Yellow Submarine (I love Phony Beatlemania) The brown object is a ceramic pufferfish made by a Japanese-Brazilian artist. The red object in the background is a Pysanky, a Ukrainian-Brazilian colored egg.

The blue book is the catalog for an art exhibition about the Islamic world. I think artistic expressions from the Middle East are very beautiful.

After the pandemic I got rid of books, CDs, DVDs and most of my knick knacks. Cats don’t care much about this and end up knocking things off shelves during their adrenaline-fueled runs. The cats sleep over the books, backpacks and even my belly. They don’t respect me. :wink:

I would like to say that I have an eclectic taste, but deep down I am a chaotic person who likes weird pop music from anywhere in the world, comics from Europe, the United States and Japan, cartoons from anywhere in the world and books of short stories or fiction. Scientific mostly.

ETA

The two turtles were made by the children of a settlement of the Guarani People from Angra dos Reis.

9 Likes

beautiful kitteh!
(topic save)

love the pufferfish :heart:

9 Likes