Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

I’d watch that movie.

6 Likes

This week was turn over my retirement fund to the doctors but it’s worth it.

Mrs. Seizure Kitty saw the neurologist, we’re all happy she’s not getting worse. Waiting for blood work, if the steroids aren’t turning her into a diabetic or damaging her liver or kidneys we just keep going. The anti seizure medicine is safe to keep her on forever.

Old man on the other hand had every test available to rule things out. The things that are left are bacterial infection or something worse irritating his gut. We’re trying antibiotics and supplements, if that don’t work he goes on steroids.

But… We also believe dementia is getting worse.

Doctor says not time yet but if the dementia gets worse or we can’t fix his gut then, well, you know.

He still likes being near the action even if he is a little more sleepy.

11 Likes

Dammit, mama dog had puppies recently, and I just found them strewn out in the street. I assume in hopes they’d be run over so the neighbors won’t have to deal with them.

I moved them to the side of the road.

There’s nothing more I can do. My own cats haven’t eaten since Friday morning, and the litter boxes are full. I cannot afford to take in any more animals.

Angry Martial Arts GIF by Shaw Brothers

ETA: Ok, I’ve found out there are a few folks who run impromptu animal sanctuaries here, I just need to find them. If anyone wants to contribute a little money to the cause, I’ll talk to the neighbors down the street about getting mama dog spayed so there won’t be a puppy problem for mama dog anymore, and seek out the sanctuaries for the puppies.

5 Likes

I love me some French vanilla kitteh! Highland grog kitteh also very good! :blush:

6 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

Puppy Update:

Nobody’s up and around yet, but I am going to go talk to the neighbors down the street today to see if they approve of getting mama dog spayed so there won’t be more stray puppies. I’m also looking into rescue agencies in the area to find foster homes for the little ones if nobody’s going to take them in.

Kenan Thompson Awww GIF by Saturday Night Live

14 Likes

Little Dude has gained 25% of his starting weight (what he weighed when he moved indoors) in 2.5 days. He’s a furry balloon with little stick legs :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

look at that widdle spotty tummy! sweet boi! so handsome!

12 Likes

I am so nailing that look right now.

9 Likes

Every couple hours we wander around looking for him, this time we found him exhausted after doing his own research.

13 Likes

Two of our current fosters, the 2 tigers with tiger faces (the other two tigers have white faces)
Otherone:

And Flava Fave

15 Likes

I had to go to Walmart to get a new inner tube for the bicycle, and picked up a packet of catnip mice for the cats because they haven’t had a treat like this in ages.

30 minutes after opening the package, Ruby has chewed the tails off of all 5 catnip mice. :man_facepalming:

12 Likes

Bitey Cat is a fierce wild cat :grin:

16 Likes

Brucespringsteen GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

10 Likes

Ying Yang kitties

15 Likes

Awwwww Hearts GIF

12 Likes

These two are Holly and Poly, Holly bc she looks like a Holstein and Poly bc he’s a polydactyl.
And as you know, it’s a good thing they’re so cute, bc they’re also little poop machines. My morning stretch routine has been replaced with morning poop patrol. 7 kitties is a lot!
We take all the kittens for boosters this week. Happy to report they’re all gaining weight and seem quite healthy.
How many kittens are you caring for nowadays?

10 Likes

Your morning stench routine, more like. :rofl:

Without Ripley, I’m down to 5 cats. This thing with the stray puppies has led me to a website for a rescue agency through which I might find homes for Dulce, Charlie, and Gremlin – because the original intent was to find them good homes. If I could winnow the group down to my two “chosen”, I’d be left with Ruby and Pastel.

ETA: I hope you find good homes for yours, too.

12 Likes

Thanks, me, too! Though, our shelter deals with all that, and they do a stellar job. I didn’t realize how varied our shelter landscape is in this country until I started fostering and posting here. Ours is amazing, and makes it really easy to foster, but they’re currently overwhelmed with strays and orphans and “returns” I guess would be a term. They have so many cats right now.

11 Likes