Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

The parakeet whisperer.

Florêncio Lopez Fernandes, 84 years old, a spanish immigrant who lives in São Paulo became a good friend of the Maritacas, a green parakeet that live in the region.

13 Likes

Since you have seven kitties, maybe the lot could be called Hoi Polloi?

12 Likes

jimmy fallon nbc GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

13 Likes

I suggested the term to Holly…she’s considering.

14 Likes

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Seebär

8 Likes

I’ll have to update the “German animal names” flowchart

10 Likes

Took the current 6 kitten fosters in for their chips and check-ups today. Everyone’s looking good. They’re so resilient and tough! That chipping needle is BIG!

Look at this sleepy duo once we got back home:

Hard to tell where one ends and the other begins.

11 Likes

17 Likes

This is now the purpose of this basket. I can tell when he’s been snuggling with his partner now because he has snot in his fur :pensive:

Looking especially grumpy after I woke him to wipe his nose

update

Tests came back for Mr. Grumpy McSnotFace. Negative for fungal, virus, and bacteria. Which means it is almost certainly cancer in his sinuses. We now do a trial of steroids. Some of the cancers it could be will respond to steroids. We’ve researched and chosen our end of life plan for him. If at all possible, he will die at home in as much comfort as we can give.

13 Likes

17 Likes

kisskadee?
pretty boi!

12 Likes

Yes. Nice and fierce birds. There were two of these creatures haging on the branches. I was coming back from lunch when I saw them. I am the crazy guy with the camera. I always carry my old one with me.

10 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this. I was keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Our guy had it in his jaw (thought it was an abscess). At a certain point, we had to take him to the vet because he could no longer eat.

I called him our indoor feral but we finally realized that he preferred to be an only cat. He seemed to love our vet and the vet techs, and they loved him. Our vet actually teared up. We felt lucky to have amazing support at the end.

Cat Bear GIF

11 Likes

He’s old, 16 now, and has had an ideal life. Our biggest concern is him being comfortable and happy. We could try the chemotherapy or radiation or surgery. But he has kidney disease and a heart murmur too. Our vet was not confident it would work and it would be very hard on him. Or he would die during treatment
Right now, aside from the snot and how he is so very annoyed with us wiping it, he’s doing fine. Just bracing ourselves and making sure we have a plan for when things get bad. Getting familiar with the symptoms that will show us he’s in pain or that it’s moved into his brain.
:face_exhaling:
It hurts. But we also expected him to be gone soon after his kidney diagnosis 2 years ago. We will do the best we can and give him all the love and cuddles. I’m worried about his partner, the orang fluffy guy. He knows something is up, he’s been super gentle and helping me with grooming. We joke a out how they are two old gay cats, but they really do love one another.

11 Likes

I am sorry. I am glad He found some good humans to take care of Him.

14 Likes

Missing our sweet girl very much.

I posted about her guilty look in another thread. Reminded me of this picture:

Never did figure out what she thought she did wrong, but she seemed to think she was in trouble. We gave her extra cheek rubs and raisins to comfort her and let her know we loved her.

12 Likes
13 Likes

15 Likes

ETA

12 Likes

… in 1598 the bishop didn’t have to worry about his cats getting run over by cars :thinking:

4 Likes