Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

This is Rocky Fischer. He helps replace window seals and just celebrated his 0.5th birthday last week.

I am increasingly hopeful he retains a marbled nose.

18 Likes

Schitts Creek Love GIF by CBC

16 Likes

This showed up in my news feed today from a few years ago.

Mr. Pete left us a couple years ago from liver cancer.

He tried for a while but he finally got all 4 paws on my wife’s phone.

12 Likes

Metal Gear Solid Mgs GIF

6 Likes

Seems like it might be useful:

the veterinarian scientists at the Université du Montréal came up with a tool called the Feline Grimace Scale that lets your human assess how much pain you are in, because their mom didn’t teach them how to speak Cat. It covers the position of your ears, eyes, whiskers, head and mouth. It even has a free app for Android and iOS to help.

14 Likes

Huh. And in ten languages!

10 Likes

Thanks. It is very difficult to tell if your cat is in pain/is sick. I’ve read that cats don’t show this, as it can be a disadvantage in nature to appear weak amidst predators.

11 Likes

The lives of the others.

20 Likes

Went to Home Depot at 6am today, on the way home two flat tires. Here’s some photos while I wait for the tow truck.

New backyard squirrel but it thinks the nut dish is a chair.

These two had a stand off for a while at our back door.

This does not look comfortable but he’s sound asleep. He’s back on antibiotics for a month because as soon as his first 2 week course ended he started declining.

17 Likes

I’m given to understand now is the season for scary stuff. So here are some of the most fearsome predators I’ve encountered over the years.

The dreadful spotted flycatcher, clutching a doomed wasp:

Fieldfare, the terror of earthworms:

Spooky spider wasp carrying a crab spider to its nest:

Am I doing Halloween right?

13 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

13 Likes

Rocky puts safety first:

And enjoys playtime with Kiska and Bernie:

17 Likes

After dinner high jinx

These little dudes have turned out to be foster kittens on easy level

16 Likes

Chloe the cat considers the fish in their transport jar as they prepare to move to my wife’s office.

18 Likes

“I could have saved the humans some trouble and transported them in my belly.”

10 Likes

He’s doing better today. It’s amazing how fast the antibiotics work. Within 24 hours his pooppies are almost normal.

We’ll see how long it lasts this time. Last week as soon as the antibiotic stopped he went back to really bad diarrhea.

Right now he’s enjoying some cheese and crackers with my wife and wandering around getting into mischief.

No wait, in the time it took to type this I looked up and he’s sound asleep.

11 Likes

This where he ended up. His bed is my wife.

14 Likes
14 Likes

18 Likes

Somebody went to the vet today (a different one) and is coming out somewhat lessened. Pour one out for the cojones. :tumbler_glass:

R.I.P. Charlie’s balls. /s

15 Likes