Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

To quote @Tamsin_Bailey , “weird name for a cat”

5 Likes

Chicago Fire GIF by NBC

10 Likes

18 Likes

9 Likes

Tabbyguy never liked the nice cat bed we got him, but some accent plushies are his favorite. Within days they were covered in hair and drool

14 Likes

I’m with Tabbyguy. Those look soft and comfy

12 Likes

Like a boss!

17 Likes

19 Likes

Old man is still having normal potty movements but he’s still about 70/30 in using the litter box.

His open closet radar is still working though.

We have to give Old Man 4 pills two times a day and Mrs. Seizure Kitty two syringes two times a day, Mr. Feral started jumping on the counter when my wife administers the meds, he kept trying to get some medicine, she gave him one of the vitamin supplements we have that the other cats hate, he ate it right up.

So now, every morning, he comes and asks for a pill so he gets one.

We’ve had a baby possum visiting for a few days now.

When we built the deck this spring I made a cubby hole for Mrs. Feral, it’s all caulked and sealed with a heated pad. It’s that Hole the possum is looking in in the top photo.

@Mangochin this our tabby gal, she’s a teenager and the most easy going low maintenance cat we’ve ever had.

16 Likes

I wish it were that easy with my cats. I have to keep some pollo asado on hand constantly so there’s something they love that I can hide the pills inside.

10 Likes

Charlie is healing well, and getting around with not much difficulty. I think we’ll stick with this new vet for a while, as he seems to do good work.

His eyes aren’t closed because he’s in pain. He’s just sleepy.

16 Likes

Pills are easy to give to cats. But liquid drugs, specially bitter ones, are almost Impossible.

9 Likes

See, the Prednisone is very bitter. Dulce hates it, and if I stick it inside something like a slice of cheese or something similar, she manages to eat the cheese and spit the pill out. Pollo asado is something they’ll just wolf down without even trying to chew.

11 Likes

Mrs. Mangochin bought this sleeping cat display thingy and placed it next to Tabbyguy. He didn’t care for it.

13 Likes

We’re watching tv, my wife is on the couch, I looked over in time to see this.

It’s our teen tabby going to bed.

12 Likes

Yes. We are taking this pill these days.

I had sinusitis, which ended up blocking my ears and she swallowed some nylon lint, which fortunately didn’t cause many problems.

She takes the pills, but when we had to give her antipyretic medicine, well, the story was quite different.

Her mouth foamed and she was unable to swallow the liquid. I had to find an appropriate insulin syringe, which is very small and thin, to administer the medicine.

I am amazed at this ability of cats and dogs to separate a small pill from their food.

9 Likes

My wife is better at pill giving than me, I can do it if she’s not around but it takes me a few tries.

For pills we use a pill shooter but even with that Old Man is sometimes able to keep from swallowing his pill. You think it went down and then he walks away and spits it out.

We try to get any medicine in liquid form because it’s easier too give with a syringe.

We needed gabapentin a couple weeks ago, it wasn’t available at our pharmacy in a liquid form so we emptied the capsules into a tiny bit of water and sucked it up into a syringe.

We learned that liquid gabapentin for people contains a sweetener that’s toxic to dogs and harmful to cats. You have to request it without the sweetner called xylitol.

8 Likes

Our financial situation is slowly improving, and I’d really like to take Dulce to the new veterinarian to see if he has any solution to her sinus problems. I want to help her with that and the eye weeping.

8 Likes

One of our cats had a runny eye in the early days of covid when it was impossible to get in to a vet.

We got very good results with terramycin antibiotic ointment.

It’s readily available and cheap.

Turns out our eye problem was bacterial so it worked.

I am not a vet so do not take my advice for anything but when we’ve been forced to care for our pets on a shoestring budget or didn’t have access to doctors we do the best we can.

9 Likes

8 Likes