Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

We had an issue where our kidney kitty just decided he wasn’t having a particular flavor just as the new shipment arrived. I called asking about returning this ~$60 worth of food and they told me the same thing. I got my refund and took the food to the local Pets Alive! Shelter, along with what remained of the previous order.
The shelter was very grateful. Specialized food is so expensive.

Your daughter and her spouse sound awesome. I’m glad their kitty had such wonderful humans for the last part of their life

13 Likes

We’ve had 2 foster kitties for a couple weeks now. They were brought up from the Florida panhandle with a bunch of other cats and dogs.
We were meant to have them for a week, but they had congestion and sniffles that haven’t cleared up. At today’s check up they finally gave us antibiotics for them, so here’s hoping they’re better by New Year’s.
The names they came with are Sylvee (female) and Applesauce (male). We’ve nicknamed them Sniffle and Snort.
Here’s Snort.

13 Likes

Cat’s LOVE boxes! :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

We had a cat die during the lockdown, so decided to bury him in the backyard… We added all our boxes that had been sitting on the living room shelf (I think 13 in total). Since then, the spot has had a couple more additions (one of the the turtles recently). I need to order a stepping stone with all the names before I forget who all is in there…
(we considered adding tio Isaac, but he’s still on the shelf)

10 Likes

We’ve opted against cremation for each of our sad departures so far but buried their bodies.
We’ve combed and tended to their bodies then put them in a favorite box with their favorite toys and cloths. I wrapped each box in plain brown paper and wrote all their nicknames on it as part of the grieving process. Harry was also Rumble Purr, for example.
Then we put up bird houses where we buried them, and planted some flowers. We thought they’d like to be visited by the birds. And they’re visible from the kitty’s favorite windowsill perches.

9 Likes

We’ve buried our departed kittehs, too. 3 are in one corner of the backyard, very close to each other, as they were in life, and one under a flowering shrub - he was a special needs cat, so he gets a special place in the backyard.

9 Likes

She normally hides under the couch when it’s time for medicine, she thought she found the perfect spot and she did for about 10 minutes.

She blended right in.

12 Likes
3 Likes

She is so cute.

9 Likes

Why, Madame, you must be mistaken! I am a gentleman. I would never nibble on the tree. I was merely admiring the placement of the decor.

16 Likes

10 Likes

I think the cat was reading the book!

10 Likes

I made that bunk bed years ago, he hasn’t slept in it in years.

It’s weird, lately we get nervous when we can’t find him but then we’ll find him sleeping peacefully somewhere new.

14 Likes

Our daughter said this just arrived, it’s from Chewy.

10 Likes

My SO’s cat would still find a way. Most likely fully committing to jumping into the floating tree and climbing it. She loves knocking down holiday decor that is hung up.

10 Likes

We went to the foster’s place today to meet the potential new addition to the household. They also were fostering a black kitty, both of them were super playful and incredibly sweet and even tempered, the grey one which i’m interested in had the softest fur. As i got home i submitted to adopt him, waiting to go through the process. The foster was calling him Potato which i don’t love, considering renaming him Cosmo :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Selection of some of the birds in Hawaii.

Sadly, not too many are native.

19 Likes

Old Man was feeling a little festive today. He was taking a break from our Christmas card photo shoot.

13 Likes

Our daughter and husband lost a rescue bunny a couple months ago and I posted about their adopted kitty a couple days ago.

She sent us pictures yesterday from the rescue place where they donated all the food they had left.

Her husband had tiny little kittens crawling all over him and they’re were talking about taking a couple.

They decided to volunteer with the rescue and possibly foster some babies.

They’re a couple good eggs

14 Likes

He stalked me until the box was empty.

His floof doesn’t fit

13 Likes