Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Tabbyguy is going through a midlife crisis.
He’s 13ish but is trying to act like a young predator.

He has taken to sleeping in the high kitchen cabinetry and coming down to ambush me when I go to the kitchen or open the fridge.

If he were human he would be at a dealership buying a sportscar with automatic transmission.

13 Likes
9 Likes

Florida’s next invasive species? Likely a monkey, report says, following its swimming, deadly cousin (msn.com)

10 Likes

11 Likes
9 Likes

That’s some well done CGI

9 Likes

Three species of tits (grey, great and blue) and a nuthatch at a makeshift feeder on the back of an info board:

And some ducks at the last unfrozen part of a lake:

17 Likes

Guys! This might not appear so but it’s really significant. The cat I’m currently pet-sitting, Lulu, is terribly traumatised. Before being rescued she lived in a barn and was hunted by dogs. She’s understandably skittish, stand-offish and does not like being touched. She’s also the sweetest little girl. Tonight, on my fourth night here, she joined me on the couch for about five minutes and even let me pat her for about 10 seconds. A little later, she got up on the bed near me. She’s so brave and I’m very proud of her! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes_cat:

17 Likes

Camouflage

18 Likes

Those are two really nice pigeons there.

7 Likes

Hawk missed on an attempt at snatching a starling off the feeder. Now he’s sitting in the treetop getting mobbed by Bluejays. The cardinals are chancing a go at the feeder while the hawk waits.

19 Likes

10 Likes
10 Likes

17 Likes

Old Man just chillin’, good days and bad days. We didn’t think he’d make Christmas or the New Year but here we are.

It’s rare for Mrs. Seizure Kitty to sit in my lap but lately she’s been doing just that.

This is the new guy that’s beens wandering around our place and sleeping in the backyard houses.

He followed me into the garage the other day, we’re trying to catch him to get him neutered and checked out at the vet.

And we’ve had a second squirrel move into one of the tree houses. Here it is poking it’s head out in this nasty weather we’ve been having.

19 Likes

Whenever possible, take a wet cat food sachet with you, you never know who you might meet on the street.

9 Likes

We got a new batch of foster kitties this morning. A tortie mama and her 3 6-week old kittens. 2 are black and one’s a tortie like mom.
Here’s the one I’m calling Crooktail, once she finally slowed down a bit.

It’s wild how different all these foster experiences are. Our last pair, it took them a while to venture out of the room we set aside for them as their retreat (I basically give them my office and work from the dining room table until they’re comfortable). One foster a while back took over a week and was scary to bring food in to.
These guys were exploring and joined me on the couch within an hour of being here.
You never can tell.

15 Likes

We’re going to go to the Kitten Shower at the Austin Humane Society to choose a kitten this year. I’ve insisted we try for a foster because we can ask questions about personality. We need someone who gets along with others but also doesn’t take any shit :joy:

13 Likes

Oh, so fun!
A foster would be great. It’s amazing to me how much personality varies even when they’re little kittens. Can’t wait to read about your adoption adventure back here at a later date.

8 Likes

7 Likes