Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Did they find a home for kitty?

6 Likes

We had to double the medication but we think the seizures are back under control. She went from 11 a day to just one today.

16 Likes

I don’t know yet, and not sure I will, outside of monitoring the web site. That’s a huge part of the roller coaster, and one of the things I want to update in the foster manual: general expectations of what you will ever know as a foster.
I was able to learn that most animals find their forever homes in a matter of days or a couple weeks. The longest anyone could remember was 2 months, and that was a special case (lots of health issues, older cat, special diet, etc.).
I am keeping faith that Frankie, as adorable as he is, will find his special home in a matter of days. That’s the only way I could leave him there. Still, heart wrenching. But, like you with the feral cats, this is my way of helping.

15 Likes

A wood warbler doing quality warbling in the woods:

For such a common bird, it’s taken me very long to finally get a decent picture of a jay:

A hoverfly snacking on anemone pollen:

A peacock butterfly:

Coot in a nest, baby coots soon:

21 Likes

23 Likes

It’s Saturday and we started work at 5 am so when we got home I relocated him off my recliner.

He now owns the couch until my wife sits down, the difference is she will sit around him.

13 Likes

National Power Rangers Day GIF by Power Rangers

6 Likes

Dulce Update:

So, it turns out Dulce IS a new mother, because I heard the kittens. I still have no idea where they are, but I believe they are safe.

She paid a visit this evening, and I looked at her belly. Her sutures are fine, with no apparent infection, and she’s producing milk. She’s eating, and drinking enough water, so I think things will work out for the best. If she ever brings the kittens around, I’ll probably see if the veterinarian will give me a package deal to immunize them and sterilize them when the time is right.

17 Likes

Don’t try and pet the bison!

17 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc55ttQOc8B/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=db5604e7-8d2f-414a-ba20-3100d6feb052&ig_mid=3C05AEE8-F2E6-494E-A393-E284C5E2306B

Grrr why wont Instagram embed?

20 Likes

Noice!

13 Likes

I ain’t messing with you.

16 Likes

Backyard bee slo-mo

20220508_213314

ETA: I did not realize this GIF would be so tiny, but evidently it’s the only way to get it to post on BBS.

16 Likes

See, she layed down with/around him. He seems comfortable, my wife not so much but she is sound asleep.

He sure has come a long way.

13 Likes

Update: he found his home! And just in time. It was all I could do to stop from going to visit and cuddle him!
I’m going tomorrow to pick up 3 elderly kitties that need somewhere for a few weeks. I’ll post pics.

18 Likes

Seizure kitty did not want anyone to go upstairs so she was guarding the steps.

Sleepy kitty just wanted to go upstairs to bed. This series of photos took 15 minutes as she slowly snuck by. At one point they exchanged blows and the guard went half way up the stairs where it took the dark one another 5 minutes to slowly walk by.

If only she would have said blue.

This is unusual behavior for the little one, it’s probably the tumor and medication. She’s not being aggressive, she’s just being gooofy.

Now we’re playing catch the kitty for bedtime medicine. She’s pretty quick for an old lady. It takes two of us to give her the medicine, it’s a full 2ml which is like a gallon when you’re holding a cat that has better things to do.

15 Likes

I picked up these 3 old girls for my next foster adventure. These aren’t my pictures. 2 Are hiding behind the couch and one went from her carrier to one with her “friend” and stayed there even after her friend left.

Doing this, I learned that our humane society offers temporary shelter for pets for people who are experiencing housing crises and/or domestic violence. The owner of these gals has 5 cats, all around 15 years old, and is going through a housing crisis. It sucks, but it’s also REALLY nice to know that she won’t also lose her beloved pets on top of everything else.

21 Likes

When we were trying to get Mr. Feral a home we tried all the shelters and no one would even consider trying to find him a home even with us agreeing to keep him during the process.

I’m glad your shelter has people like you to help but I wonder how the whole shelter thing works with regard to taking in new animals, our local shelters seem very overwhelmed.

When we run out of cats I wouldn’t mind giving temporary homes to kitties on their way to a permanent home or to people in need like you describe.

I’m just not sure about taking on any more full time pets. It’s so hard when they get old when you know it’s getting to be their time. But I’m sure I’ll get suckered by a sad story again.

There is an upside to a brain tumor and the medication, she forgot how much she hated sleeping in the bed. She hasn’t done this in years but last night she spent the night with me.

18 Likes

I honestly don’t know how they do everything they do, but our local shelter is always bringing up animals from the southeast and finding them homes. The first cat I fostered was brought in as a stray, so they definitely accept those. And they have a whole section on their adoption site for “working cats” (aka, feral cats) for people with farms or warehouses who would want a cat that might not be comfortable in a home.

But back on topic - your pics. Awwww!

11 Likes

… and we have hatchlings! Three out of four eggs have hatched.

20 Likes