Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

When he’s not sprawled out like that he looks like he needs a sandwich.

He’s constantly running around the neighborhood. I wish I had his energy.

8 Likes

Cardinal doin something to the fence with his beak. Sharpening?

17 Likes

Cute! It might be cleaning it off. I see the birds here do that a lot. They eat some food then flit to a branch and “wash their face” on the twigs.
Also, didn’t get a pic but saw my first Myrtle’s Warbler this weekend. They look just like the yellow-rumped warblers but their little chin patch is white instead of yellow.
I love this time of year when all the migratory birds are coming back but the trees haven’t fully leafed out yet so you can really see everyone.
And also how every morning between 4:30 and 6 it sounds like someone knocked over a music box full of birdsong and the air is just alive with the songs. :heart:

13 Likes

There was quite the raucous chorus when I arrived home around 6ish. I could identify the mourning doves, a jay, two mocking birds (one with a normal call and one mocking a car alarm), the finches (not sure which kind) and some grackles either squabbling or cruising for chicks. It was loud! I saw a robin, two mockingbirds in a chase, a rabbit chilling in the shade by the roses, and a mourning dove in just the few minutes it took to get inside. The cats were all squished in a window watching the bunny lay outside

14 Likes

Why would a Cardinal sharpen a fence? (But then again, some birds are just assholes.)
We just don’t know.

8 Likes
15 Likes

Threatening…

10 Likes

Sunbather.

17 Likes

Bird nerd alert! Pileated woodpecker on pine tree in my front yard! (Crappy cell phone photo) I’ve heard it often this year, seen it once in the distance last year, so I’m super excited that I chanced into seeing it!

12 Likes

filthe?

Come here, filthe. Down filthe. Who’s a good boy, filthe.
Filthe! Stop that. Filthe! Filthe!

Mine’s called Baillie. Just, you know, easier…

8 Likes

But does he rock a cape like that?

Puts Krypto to shame.

11 Likes

Well, kinda…

When he’s not lying in wait for Penelope Pitstop…

16 Likes

And @Kii, I have a hummingbird feeder outside my WFH window and there’s a potted ficus just below. Those little guys have been going to town with scratching their beaks on the smaller branches. It’s too cute! I’d take a photo but they’re too quick and like @Wayward, I also have a crappy cell phone camera.

9 Likes

norman

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

8 Likes

Squirrel was disappointed :rofl: they and their feathered friends have emptied the feeder

14 Likes

the stains become a warning

7 Likes

09ec91c8-58eb-4f41-bb56-2379132a1bb7_text

6 Likes

Good job repurposing it into a piece of exercise equipment, though!

8 Likes

Seizures are few and far between. She has serious mood swings and getting aggressive with her brothers and sister but they don’t return the aggression.

She follows me up to bed most nights, sleeps for a while and then wanders around all night.

15 Likes

Kitty is high AF. He tried to jump up to drink the water and missed. Then, after I helped, he had to kind of lay down to keep his head steady while he drank. I’m guessing the vet will have no issues getting his blood this morning

17 Likes