Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

It’s rough taking care of sick kitties

Sad Lilo And Stitch GIF

12 Likes

Steven Wright had the best dog name…

5 Likes

They grow up so fast! Baby robins are starting to look like robins. It’s getting crowded in the nest with three itchy tween-age birdlets scratching at their new feathers growing in and stretching out their wings.

19 Likes

No pics, unfortunately, but we figured out there must be a nest above the windows in our computer room at my house… we heard a small thump the other day, and looked to see a tiny birb, who still had some baby feathers on it… it came right up to the window and chirped (probably seeing it’s reflection). Then a full grown birb flew down, and got the little one to fly to the side of the porch, and then off into the air! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes
11 Likes

Poor little pugs… :pensive:

Dog Pug GIF by The Dodo

11 Likes

bird-7386820

14 Likes

And @Kii - I’ve been hesitant to put up my hummingbird feeder because it’s so fancy…my boss got me a pretty blown-glass one, and everywhere I want to hang it for maximum everyday visibility would be on the 2nd story, so if it falls it will break. I have a tray feeder hanging from a long arm that swings out from the deck, which I could replace with the HB feeder, but I worry that the squirrels might knock it down now that they’re used to visiting the tray feeder.
And I haven’t had one before, but I know you’re supposed to tend to them pretty regularly so I don’t want it to be a pain to put up and take down.
Any advice?
Oh, ETA - we also get a fair amount of yellow jackets here in the heat of the summer, and I’m ridiculously afraid of those things after an unfortunate, accidental “nest kicking” incident a few years ago. Will the sugar water attract those assholes??? If so, that’s motivation to put it farther away…

12 Likes

I’m in the office. My wife is working from home and posting pictures of Old Man out of boredom

18 Likes

I see wasps occasionally hover around the feeder, but it they haven’t been a nuisance. The funny thing is that the hummingbirds totally know that wasps are assholes and will give them wide birth. :joy:

As far as where to hang it, I was going to suggest a pulley system accessible from a second story window? Or maybe ween the squirrels onto a different feeder and then hang the hummingbird feeder near the second story?

8 Likes

Hummingbird feeders intimidate me! I hope more mutants can advise, like @subextraordinaire.
I know they need cleaning and I would suspect yellow jackets might find it very interesting.

8 Likes

Oh, sorry! I thought you’d posted about hummingbird feeders. I don’t know what I was mixing up there.

8 Likes

Old Man is showing affection to TuxedoGirl.
(She barely tolerates it. It never ends well for him)

14 Likes

Parking lot dweller.
I am not sure, but I think it is a Turdus leucomelas

17 Likes

We’ve had HB feeders for years. Ours is in the garden on a “shepherd’s hook”. You do need to clean it every few weeks, ants are very attracted to it, and we find hornets are more attracted to the feeders than yellow jackets. We have more wasps and hornets than yellow jackets, so we may not be the best sample point.

8 Likes

She’s a dandelion eating dream!

17 Likes

Garden dweller in a cold morning.

18 Likes

Such a beauty and welcome to our dandelions. We don’t put anything on them.
The wild buns, birds, and bees are why 'weed and feed" is banned from our yard. Dandy lions are good eating and good for the soil!
Also- dandy lion.
animation domination fox GIF by gifnews

8 Likes

7 Likes

Cold? But it’s most of the way through May!

Oh, right!

9 Likes