Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

21C this morning. It was practically an Arctic winter for us. But seriously, this cold weather is being very cruel especially for those who live on the streets.

10 Likes

Working out in the yard again and had the strange sensation we were being watched.

He’s up pretty high, once I noticed him I went upstairs on the balcony and he posed for me for several minutes.

19 Likes

Friend’s doggo, Missy, who adores me.

21 Likes

Big 'ol bee busily binging on blooms

21 Likes

These black squirrels come from red (fox) (Redd Foxx) and gray squirrels doing the interspecies thang.

7 Likes

This is very uncharacteristic but she’s been carrying this around the house all morning. She’s been taking it into all the rooms she never goes in.

Very odd.

We have a long list of questions for the neurologist on Monday.

16 Likes

And the nest is empty. Two fledglings left yesterday, one the day before. I think they were still too young; this one still had baby fluff and its flight feathers weren’t fully in. I found it dead on the sidewalk a few hours later :cry: No idea if the other two made it. The front porch is sadly quiet now. I’ll take the nest down in a day or so.

17 Likes

Cinnamon buns.

The polar air mass finally took its way out and the temperatures are on the rise. But it is still cold, so these street dogs could only count on sleeping packed together to spend the cold morning.

19 Likes

Tadinha. I hope the doctors have good news for you.

8 Likes

Forgive my naivety. You do mean red and grey squirrels getting it on? Not actual foxes?

Sorry to sound so gauche, but I’m not gonna sleep without a little closure.

7 Likes

Here are 2 of the 3 foster gals currently in our charge. They’re all 14 or 15 years old, but surprisingly lively now that they’ve gotten comfortable.
I’m happy to be able to give them a retreat from the shelter while their owner deals with housing.

21 Likes

Heron, on the Grand Union Canal, UK.

16 Likes

I can read my dog’s mind, unfortunately.
No biscuits? You know what happened to Capone, right?
Fuck your life, they got him. They gonna get you.
Make with the biscuits, already.
Thousand-yard stare.

16 Likes

What we often call “red” squirrels are really named “fox squirrels”. Hence my “Redd Foxx” joke. I read recently that black squirrels are often the result of interspecies mating between fox squirrels and gray squirrels.

8 Likes

Oh, thank goodness.

Will sleep soundly now.

8 Likes

Found these two near the squash. They just laid there holding very still. I hope that was their age and not sickness. I also hope the mom moves them- I need to be over there

19 Likes

9 Likes

We had a bird box over the deck for a while. One year a single chick didn’t fledge. I was pleasantly surprised that Mum, with the fledged chicks in tow, came back for a week to continue to feed it.

It didn’t make it in the end… :cry:

The family still hangs out around our place.

7 Likes

We went to a local rescue zoo

animals

14 Likes

Speaking of squirrels, this guy interfered with a PGA shot.

The CNN story has the golfer’s name but I don’t follow golf so I have no idea who he is.

12 Likes