Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

The springtime is more than a month away but the house wren decided to make its nest in this light fixture with flowers.

19 Likes

Smart little birb! What a clever spot. Outsource the incubation :joy:

10 Likes

The XXI century is pretty crazy! Cyberpunk birds!

7 Likes

Gave him an antibiotic shot, narcotic for pain, blood work, and sucked some urine out of his bladder. As long as we were there may as well see if anything else is going on and check his thyroid disease.

If he doesn’t improve in 7 days he goes back for a closer look.

But the doctor didn’t see any cuts or foreign objects.

Another 400 bucks. It expensive loving our pets.

13 Likes

This is Twinkle:

And this is Putin (short for Rasputin, not a reference to the Russian president):

13 Likes

Cicada in my yard. It was flailing around upside-down and I just flipped it over.

Its underside seems to be covered in a fungus.

14 Likes

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

7 Likes

Maybe that wacky fungus that controls the minds of insects? Creepy

7 Likes

Scared Classic Film GIF by Shudder

7 Likes

There are a whole variety of entomopathogenic fungi that grow out of insects. The Ophiocordyceps that precisely manipulates ant behavior is the most famous, but most simply try to kill their host as a way to get past its immune response. There is a Massospora for cicadas that replaces their genitals and then pushes them to mate indiscriminately, but I can’t see if this looks similar or not.

People should be nice to bugs, because nature is not. :slightly_frowning_face:

14 Likes

Especially cicadas. I believe their adult mouths do not work. They must mate and lay eggs before they slowly starve to death. Poor horny little fellas.

7 Likes

Max Derp.

That cat’s something I can’t explain…

14 Likes

Edit:

“Slightly different angle with some backstory: Jul 6, 2022 While working in Glacier National Park over the summer at the Many Glacier Hotel, I witnessed this crazy occurrence. The Mama Moose had twins, and after several days of stalking them, the bear got the first baby. However, when he went for the second baby, this is what happened. “

13 Likes

International Cat Day.

guiphe00

12 Likes

We were watching an Olivia Newton John concert and I felt like we were being watched.

This guy was peeking in.

That blue pad is some sort of cooling mat for Mrs. Feral that my wife ordered. It seems to work.

9 Likes

16 Likes

Windows Xp.

14 Likes

Here is mommy!

10 Likes

Little dog lost and found

9 Likes

My wife thinks I won’t notice. That’s outside Mamma Feral to Mr. Feral in the house.

8 Likes