Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Came across this guy just a few minutes ago while walking my dogs. Luckily I spotted him a ways off so I got them back on leash in time to avoid any unpleasantries. He was one of the biggest coyotes I’ve seen and was bolder than any I’ve encountered around here before.

25 Likes

I think that Coyote is as confused by that signpost as I am

18 Likes

He had a rough night so we let him help with breakfast. Evertime we moved him he went right back so we just stayed with him until the water boiled. He’ll stay there the rest of the morning. He’s just two steps from the faucet where he likes to drink.

20 Likes

Came across a picture of this good grrl that we had to put to sleep six years ago. Great dog, great companion. She carried that stupid monkey everywhere she went.

23 Likes
24 Likes

Also kinda looks like a squirrel? I’m so confused by this totally neat-o birb!

16 Likes

He’s hiding under my skirt before pouncing on the toy

19 Likes

11 Likes
14 Likes

Forecast of rain.

Edit: The Google Photos made a gif for me.
IMG_7291-ANIMATION

13 Likes

Fellow bird lovers: I made one of these recently for my picture window where I have a feeder set up nearby-
https://www.birdsavers.com/make-your-own/
Basically, a horizontal strip across the top, then hung cords at a 4” spacing (it would be 2” if going with horizontal cord).
We never had any fatal bird strikes, but we had frequent minor strikes. Since hanging this up: zero. So worth it.
And some of the littler birds, like chickadees and white-breasted nuthatches even use the cords as perches while waiting their turn for the feeder, which is adorable.

16 Likes

Monkey loves kittens

15 Likes

Bird feeder morning.

Sparrows and doves

Just doves now

22 Likes

That’s a great idea, we’ve been using stickers for a while but we get quite a few bird strikes. Not too many die but there are quite a few that end up in our garage hospital until they come to and are ready to fly away.

Did you attach them to the bottom at all? We’ve been experiencing very windy days and I’m I trying to picture what the cord will do in the wind. I’m thinking a channel at the bottom to attach the cord.

As soon as the weather breaks I have a new project.

7 Likes

We didn’t. Ours is a center picture window with openable ones one either side (they swing out) so we left it free floating. I was worried about the tangling, but we’ve had a few very windy days since hanging, and it’s fine so far. We used a nylon cord type thing that seems to resist tangles.
I also figured we can always adjust as needed, so started with the easiest option.

Oh, PS, we had also been using stickers and decals, and this has been a marked difference.

10 Likes

There are clear stickers for windows that reflect sunlight in the range birds can see (IR? UV? Both? I forget.) and as far as I can tell they work.

7 Likes

Link or it’s not real :wink:

5 Likes

Birds can see UV. Any UV-reflecting coating would work.

Here’s some stuff:

12 Likes

Honeybees can be scary for little hummingbirds.

21 Likes

I met this guy hanging by the window today. The rainy weather make everyone a little sad.

22 Likes