Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Princess Pricklepants, Squirrel

17 Likes

Mr Fwuff is more fond of his basket than he is of laps, but we’re working on it…

20 Likes

Niko in things.

22 Likes

Nori: doily cat.

20 Likes

Mona, Princess Pokeypants, Strawberry Sunday:

21 Likes

Bonus porch pet:

Update: hello Peter Parker
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37632616

12 Likes

Flock of Nikos

15 Likes

Ewww. Black widow?

4 Likes

I took a picture of this beautifully patterned spider on my back porch and showed it to my father, who suggested I go back out and find it and keep an eye on it. About three molts later I put it in a jar for relocation and took the pictures above.

10 Likes

One of our prior cats, Samantha, used to drape herself across the upstairs bannister this way.

5 Likes

My downstairs neighbor’s chihuahua, Kitty, is sick with a serious sinus infection. I’ve been helping with her for about a week.
I noticed her right eye looking terrible about a week ago, and the wife informed me that Kitty went to the vet already and got eye drops. I offered to help, and went with Tomas to the vet for antibiotics and penecillin.
There’s a little improvement, but I was really not impressed by this vet. He operates out of a room no bigger than a closet, and his hygeine standards were clearly sub-par. I suggested we go to Vet Playas over by the beach, where I had taken my boss’ dogs before.
Not really sure what’s going to happen, because the sinus cleaning, x-ray, and blood work are going to cost more than he has at the moment, even with some cash from me (I can flat-out give him 50 bucks if he wants it).
I feel bad for Kitty. His kids convinced him to get the dog nine years ago, but they don’t seriously care for her. I’m keeping Kitty up in my apartment for him, to keep her away from the pet bird and its cage in the meantime, but I’m not ready to adopt, either.
Her eye is looking much better, but pus is still seeping out of there and through a hole Tomas poked in her skin to express the junk out of the pocket between her eyes. I hope he can figure out how to afford the surgery/cleaning she needs.

17 Likes

Oh, poor girl.
Good you are helping and I wish you wisdom with the choices to make.

8 Likes

One idea I suggested was for Tomas to get his boy to find a job, at least temporarily, to repay for the vet bills. The boy was the one who wanted Kitty in the first place. I don’t think he’s of working age though, but I don’t even know what the labor laws are like here in Tijuana.

Edit: Okay, here’s as much backstory as Tomas can explain to me…

1. Tomas got Kitty 9 years ago for his son. As with some kids, they have neglected Kitty somewhat, and this angers Tomas.
  2. Tomas’ financial burdens have increased as of late. One is a granddaughter born to his teenage daughter. The dad is a little douche/asshole who doesn’t think responsibly, so Tomas and his wife have assumed responsibility for her.
  3. Tomas is putting his daughter through dental school so she will have the capacity to care for her daughter and her parents as they age. Recently, as she advances, fees and supplies have increased.
  4. Last week, Tomas’ cousin has come to stay in his home to recuperate after surgery. I think he is going to stay a while.

After much deliberation, Tomas and his wife have relinquished Kitty to the Vet Playas in order to get the surgery she needs and hopefully find her a new home.
Kitty has two distinct disadvantages. First, the cost of fixing the sinus infection and hopefully saving the eye. Second, she’s 9 years old. The doctor told me her chances for adoption are poor compared to younger dogs.
Sensing there is some time to act, I will try to see if I can raise the money (probably $400 USD for further operations) through donations or by selling a painting. I am decidedly not a dog person, but I am concerned for her welfare and want to make it easier for a caring dog person to adopt her.
Maybe I should start a donation page…

12 Likes

Would go see.

7 Likes

If he knocks another thing off the mantle he’ll have to run so far away.

7 Likes

Photos from this eve in prep for a story:

Her Highness is not a hat aficionado.

She’s quite the under the table aficionado, though.

Balancing books on the head develops grace and poise.

Book balancing is tiring, far nicer to have a lovely cup of tea.

14 Likes

What a heavy story. A lot of things going on. Love your earnestly and although your will to help.
Maybe indeed start a donation page. I have no idea how it works, what are the estimated costs? And what would help to keep the doggie home or to an other good home instead being to old to adopt in a shelter?

8 Likes

When we took Kitty in to the vet, the doctor explained a few things to me in English.

At the time of relinquishing ownership, there was an initial fee of 1000 pesos (between 55 and 60 dollars) for sedation, cleaning her sinuses, x-rays, and blood work to ensure the infection hasn’t taken root elsewhere. I helped Tomas by paying half, for Kitty’s sake.
There is the distinct possibility that the infection will require further treatment, maybe up to 300 dollars more. If necessary, these costs would need to be paid before Kitty could be released for adoption, most likely by the adopter.
The doctor assured me that they operate their own kennel and Kitty will remain there until adoption. I’m relieved, because if the kennel is kept as well as the office, she’s in excellent hands.

I’ve given it more thought, and despite not being a dog person, I might see if I could adopt her.
Due to her size, she’s an indoor/lap dog, and uses pee pads instead of going outside. The time she’s spent with me, she’s been very sweet and good-natured, and it’s much like having a cat.
Also, despite the boy not caring much about her, and the daughter busy caring for her own daughter and attending college, Tomas and his wife care for Kitty enough for it to matter - and it gives the granddaughter a chance to have Kitty around. She’s nuts about Kitty, and as naive as a 1 1/2 year-old can be, she’s very gentle with her. This is the bond that I’d really like to see remain intact.

I’ve started a painting last night to try and earn the money Kitty will need for further care.
It’s of scattered clouds at dawn in the La Mesa area of Tijuana. If I can sell that, I’ll take on Kitty myself.

13 Likes

Phone photo of the Wee Princess this morning. She does the nose in the air sniffing pose more when she’s not on a photo set. When she’s on a little set she’s bee-lining for things to dig under.

18 Likes

4 Likes