Postmaster DeJoy says removed mail sorting machines were stripped for parts, can't be reinstalled

What, McConnell and company can’t acquit in five minutes and go back to rubberstamping judicial nominations? The constitution doesn’t describe a process for trial in the Senate, they can just immediately call the vote.

2 Likes

Maybe the judge will end up taking a Hammurabi approach, and order DeJoy stripped for parts.

One can dream.

4 Likes

Those were all functioning, in-use machines before this jackass ordered their disassembly. It’s particularly terrible in Michigan where this same jackass closed the Lansing sorting facility in 2018. This shithead has ordered disassembly of 2 sorting machines in Grand Rapids, the next closest sorting facility. Few things toe up to the line of treason, but fucking with the postal system this hard should earn DeJoy a lengthy sedition jail term.

19 Likes

Parts for what? They were engineered to be for postal sorting machines.

6 Likes

The USPS lost two official government documents that they informed me I should expect (via their daily email notification you can sign up for in some areas that show scans of the mail you should expect that day), and I am in a blue city in a blue state. A jury duty summons and an auto registration from the transportation department. Does not bode well.

I have however engaged with my US Congressional House Rep’s office, and they seem to be spurring some action. However I got a TOTAL BS voicemail from my local post office today, essentially totally ignoring the complaint. I’m going to follow up with the Rep’s office next week, I have a contact in his staff now who deals with postal issues.

6 Likes

Or to re-rephrase it: removed from his job & stripped for parts.
13enster beat me to it.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how fast something can be destroyed.

Like a country.

17 Likes

If you don’t have access to ballot drop boxes, drive to the nearest Republican stronghold and mail your ballot at the Post Office there.

7 Likes

Because the words “mail sorting machine” don’t really say much, this is what one looks like:

They are massive and complex machines. It’s not something you just unplug and put into a storage closet. Decommissioning one of these things is not something you just do. These fuckers had to really coordinate this.

Impeach all these fuckers.

26 Likes

Not like this?

7 Likes

Just, holy wow. I don’t even know where to start with this massive useless tool of a man.

So let me get this straight- Republicans, who are always bitching about government waste and burdensomeness, went out of their way to selectively destroy functioning equipment thats purpose was literally to make an agency more efficient when they constantly whine about government efficiency?

And to lead this covfefe crusade of rampant stupidity, they put in place yet ANOTHER criminal, who is not only destroying the efficiency of what he runs, but literally has a legal history of fraudulent handling of the very thing he oversees, the mail, which I’m pretty sure is a felony, to fuck over his own family member out of a fortune-

Exactly like Trump?

The only things this administration is competent at is gross malfeasance, hiring convicted felons to head government agencies and campaign teams, all while perfectly destroying anything functional they touch!

Send every single agency head of this administration to jail- some are already there, and its where the rest of these shitlicking ratfuckers belong!

12 Likes

Or do what I do because unfortunately I can no longer have faith that my vote will be counted by mail because of these shitlicking ratfuckers-

Put a mask on and physically vote at the voting booth so that you know this bastard is removed as certain as you can.

I am willing to risk infection and death so that this abomination is removed from my White House.

I understand if not everyone is willing to risk such a thing but rest assured I’ll take care of the risk for you at least on my end

5 Likes

The whole Republican schtick is that government doesn’t work. Then they get into power and they loot everything, hobble every meaningful function of government and say, “See, we told you! Let’s just privatize everything to make it work better!” Then, when Democrats get in power and start fixing things, they whine about all the money that’s being spent.

17 Likes

Stripped for parts? What are they reusing the parts for? I’d say intentionally damaged beyond repair.

6 Likes

HEY, HEY, HEY!!!

Let’s chill out, alright? There’s a pandemic on, and it’s important not to spread disinformation.

RAT-licking SHIT-fuckers.

Easily identified by red baseball caps and histronic claims that wearing a facemask will definitely kill them.

14 Likes

Me, I prefer a method invented to provide a humane death for the convicted…

…yes, the guillotine.

That said, I want these people to LIVE with their punishment, in prison. I am against the death penalty, even for these evil rat bastards.

2 Likes

In theory, parts from decommissioned sorting machines would be kept as spares to repair operational sorting machines.

They have been sent to Area 51 to be re-engineered into your mechanical overlords. Potus must be obeyed.

Or to re-rephrase it: removed from his job & stripped for parts.

Dejoy should be stripped and have his parts removed.

3 Likes

I’m feeling the same. Also going to be prepared to record and challenge anyone engaging in voter intimidation, though that’s unlikely.

1 Like

From all I’ve read, they actually have to have a hearing of the evidence. They sure would try this, but at this point every single day counts.

Which is why it’s already too late. They should have convened the House this past week to take this up. I guess it’s back to relying on the good will and fair play of the GOP!