Postmaster DeJoy says removed mail sorting machines were stripped for parts, can't be reinstalled

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/25/postmaster-dejoy-says-removed-mail-sorting-machines-were-stripped-for-parts-cant-be-reinstalled.html

9 Likes

Can this fucker be impeached?

53 Likes

Instruments of liberal democracy destroyed in the cause of conservative greed and egomania? That fits.

27 Likes

So many people need to go to prison for life.

Beat

37 Likes

Traitors are traditionally hanged.

36 Likes

The dismantling of sorting machines will slow, but not stop delivery of ballots. Vote early and/or as soon as possible to circumvent this.

23 Likes

And if they’re available in your area, use ballot drop boxes.

33 Likes

Or to rephrase it: stripped from his job and not reinstalled.

19 Likes

That was my immediate plan when I first learned our governor had switched the entire state over to mail-in voting back in March.

My polling place was just down the street.

27 Likes

after being drawn and quartered.

12 Likes

The Cleveland Plain Dealer on Wednesday printed an article titled, “850K voters, 457 sq. miles, one drop box” as an indication of some potential difficulties.

27 Likes

We just received the California voter information booklet. Ballots should be in our PO box in time – Sacramento is only one county away from here.

Our practice for decades has been to slip our completed ballots directly into the box at the county seat voting office1/2 hour away. That might be trickier if we were in San Bernardino County, the size of New England, but larger counties out here usually have secondary offices scattered about. Your county may vary.

Meta-analysis: DeJoy works for the reactionary traitors’ program to erode all trust in government agencies and operations. Libertarian anarchy is the goal. But y’all knew that already.

15 Likes

Stripped for parts is the Trump Administration mindset for everything they touch.

31 Likes

I’m sure that decommissioning these machines and having to sort by hand will save the taxpayer so much money.

Edit: It’s not even the fsking taxpayer, is it!? It’s a separate governmental entity that operates on its own budget and would be profitable, i.e., cost neutral, if it weren’t for the pension prefunding obligation which has to go down as one of the most corrupt laws is modern history. Sorry, I bought into the right-wing narrative for a moment and had to claw my way out again. I fear we’re all going to owe our souls to the company store in my lifetime yet.

12 Likes

quickly dissembled

an excellent choice of term, but not the one I expect he meant to use.

9 Likes

He can be. And it’s exactly one of the tactics that the House should be employing post haste. Impeachment is a privileged process and therefore supersedes all other Senate actions. Meaning that if they approve articles of impeachment for this dirtbag, Barr and a few others, they actually have a mechanism to delay the SCOTUS hearings until after the election (at least).

32 Likes

dissembled

The only dissembling going on here is DeJoy’s. Maybe he meant disassembling. Fuckwit!

ETA I see @dpease beat me to it.

9 Likes

Postmaster DeJoy… stripped for parts, can’t be reinstalled

…the headline I wish I saw…

16 Likes

No. But he can be fired. The law was changed so that he reports to a Board of Govenors. They can fire him. HOWEVER, they are Trump approved 4 republicans 2 Dems all in the last year.
Also
Postmonster DeJoy was sued by his own brother for hiding his mail for over 5 years to keep millions in the family business from him. Here’s the story https://truenorthresearch.org/2020/09/louis-dejoy-was-sued-by-his-brother-who-alleged-a-pattern-of-financial-deception-which-dejoy-denied/
@thelisagraves testifying about it to the House.
@USPS Board of Governors need to #FireDejoy
Here is my story that talks more about DeJoy and his nastiness

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/09/dejoys-sued-brother-hiding-his-mail

18 Likes

Fed courts should now direct the PO to authorize any and all overtime needed by postal workers to make up for the lack of sorters.

12 Likes