Federal Judge orders postal inspectors to sweep swing state post offices for ballots

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/03/federal-judge-orders-postal-inspectors-to-sweep-swing-state-post-offices-for-ballots.html

10 Likes

19 Likes

Long-suffering Federal Judge Emmet Sullivan

2 Likes

Dude’s a badass. I’m hoping he brings contempt charges against Dejoy.

10 Likes

I like how he’s not afraid to be tagged with “judicial activism” to do the right thing. Here he’s basically doing Louis DeJoy’s job for him, and doing it right. In the Flynn case he’s taken over what was Bill Barr’s job, and doing it correctly there, too.

7 Likes
12 Likes

DeJoy has already ignored judges, or procrastinated so much that it amounted to the same thing. So why does anyone think this will be different?
Remember, the president they all adore is Jackson who famously ignored SCOTUS and got away with it.

1 Like
6 Likes

I think the postal inspectors are playing the long game here.

They could say that they will not modify their inspection schedule, but will use this opportunity to double-up and capture some real incriminating evidence, sufficient to demonstrate criminal malfeasance and strong evidence of election fraud, down to named perpetrators, at the highest levels.

It wouldn’t surprise me of this is a manufactured drama for public consumption, but there is a back channel between judge and chief inspector.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.