(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

I have my rare moments of eloquence. :yum:

6 Likes

13 Likes

Alternately they contain a…relective quality

6 Likes

I prefer crispy thin crust frozen pizzas. This opinion appears to be unpopular here.

7 Likes

Spaces over tabs in indentation seems to have somehow won, despite being obviously wrong. (Python & various style guides, including GNU’s and Google’s, prefer spaces.) However, preferring spaces over tabs in code indentation has historically been an emacs thing, so the combination with vi is a little strange. Also, while vi is more popular than emacs these days, as recently as ten years ago it was a lot more of an even split.

BSD is pretty unpopular compared to Linux, unless you count OSX.

3 Likes

So for once I know for sure I’m in the minority:

Being “less wrong” isn’t worth being wrong at all.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t really care about spaces vs tabs as long as you pick one and stick with it. The real problem happens when you mix spaces and tabs and it messes up formatting as a result.

5 Likes

Tabs or spaces no plane train or automobile. Thats the real question.

6 Likes

I think “Weird Lady Forces” sounds like an upper-division physics class.

9 Likes

Nice double-play for the Band Name / Album Name thread:

Weird Lady Forces, Jesus On A Baby.

11 Likes

Actually “Weird Lady Forces” was part of my doctoral thesis in Paranormal Women’s Studies.

9 Likes

Mr Robot is a bit dull.

Okay, I’m only part way through season one, but it really doesn’t hold my attention. The lead actor/character being so soporific is probably the main reason.

3 Likes

album name?

band name?

2 Likes

May I interest you in Blernsball?

2 Likes

Nope. Actual PHD

1 Like

still good names for an album and a band, and I like my music sophisticated and educated

1 Like

Then you certainly would not like most of my recorded output in the last 30 years.

3 Likes

Grey’s Anatomy is the best prime-time science fiction network television show.

3 Likes

I’d argue Castle, but it’s off the air now.

4 Likes

I didn’t know that was science fiction. I’d have watched more.

2 Likes