(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

22 Likes

9 Likes

You have revisited Thunderdome? Why?

1 Like

The brokenness of the alphabet game is why I grew up with these instead.

(My books were from the 80s though)

3 Likes

19 Likes

Had this experience with The Pagemaster. I still can’t get over how poorly it held up from what I remembered. It was terrible.

1 Like

I don’t really like the LotR films. Especially TTT, which I hate. Hate hate hate.
(paging @Donald_Petersen)

8 Likes

Let me guess, you also think Blade Runner is a work of art.

3 Likes

(see also my earlier comment about Tony vs. Ridley)

Visually, yes, but prefer the book?

One of the recut versions, perhaps? Definitely not the cinematic release. And doubtless more so than Blade Runner 2 (with goddamn Jared Leto inevitably stinking the place up).

5 Likes

I thought you were joking about Blade Runner 2. Then I prayed you were joking about Blade Runner 2. Then I realized the joke was on me.

13 Likes

12 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

5 Likes

I have my rare moments of eloquence. :yum:

6 Likes

13 Likes

Alternately they contain a…relective quality

6 Likes

I prefer crispy thin crust frozen pizzas. This opinion appears to be unpopular here.

7 Likes

Spaces over tabs in indentation seems to have somehow won, despite being obviously wrong. (Python & various style guides, including GNU’s and Google’s, prefer spaces.) However, preferring spaces over tabs in code indentation has historically been an emacs thing, so the combination with vi is a little strange. Also, while vi is more popular than emacs these days, as recently as ten years ago it was a lot more of an even split.

BSD is pretty unpopular compared to Linux, unless you count OSX.

3 Likes

So for once I know for sure I’m in the minority:

Being “less wrong” isn’t worth being wrong at all.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t really care about spaces vs tabs as long as you pick one and stick with it. The real problem happens when you mix spaces and tabs and it messes up formatting as a result.

5 Likes

Tabs or spaces no plane train or automobile. Thats the real question.

6 Likes