(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

I think “Weird Lady Forces” sounds like an upper-division physics class.

9 Likes

Nice double-play for the Band Name / Album Name thread:

Weird Lady Forces, Jesus On A Baby.

11 Likes

Actually “Weird Lady Forces” was part of my doctoral thesis in Paranormal Women’s Studies.

9 Likes

Mr Robot is a bit dull.

Okay, I’m only part way through season one, but it really doesn’t hold my attention. The lead actor/character being so soporific is probably the main reason.

3 Likes

album name?

band name?

2 Likes

May I interest you in Blernsball?

2 Likes

Nope. Actual PHD

1 Like

still good names for an album and a band, and I like my music sophisticated and educated

1 Like

Then you certainly would not like most of my recorded output in the last 30 years.

3 Likes

Grey’s Anatomy is the best prime-time science fiction network television show.

3 Likes

I’d argue Castle, but it’s off the air now.

4 Likes

I didn’t know that was science fiction. I’d have watched more.

2 Likes

It had ray guns, time travel, an invisibility cloak, and a trip to an alternate dimension. And that’s just four episodes I can remember off the top of my head.

4 Likes

Seriously?

I watched half the first season and it was just a murder mystery series. It must have taken a turn somewhere.

3 Likes

I think at some point they realized they had captured a bunch of Firefly fans, so they did at least a couple episodes each season to pander to them.

4 Likes

Space Cowboy? Didn’t you wear that 3 years ago?

3 Likes

I count three Firefly references in this scene alone (plus, catch the cameo (not Firefly)!).

4 Likes

Deer are rat bastards and a menace. People talk about Bambi and how cute they are, and how amazing nature is, but I’m gonna drop some facts on you: They’re big, garden-destroying, car-wrecking, hellspawning, four-legged walking jump-scares. I nearly hit one today. On a bike.

You read that right:

I nearly hit a deer while riding on a motherfucking bicycle.

17 Likes

When I realized that I could rename my freshly-promoted units in Civ 5, my first go was dubbing a +30% naval combat strength caravel ‘Rat Bastard’. (I was playing as the Huns. It just felt right.)

Hardened motherfucker lasted the entire game. As a caravel.

6 Likes

Another unpopular opinion: If you aren’t playing big maps with many civs, and losing repeatedly, you’re not getting the most out of the game.

Popular opinion: Diplomacy dynamics in Civ games make no sense. Ghandi being nuke happy has historical reasons that make for kind of a laugh, but otherwise everyone is basically Kim Jong-Un.

5 Likes