(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

7 Likes

@manybellsdown , @TobinL

Is there even a difference between what Bruce does & cosplay?

6 Likes

Cosplay is pretending to be someone youā€™re not.

When Nightwing or Damien wear the cape and cowl, that might be cosplay, but Bruce Wayne created Batman: Batman is Bruce Wayne in a cape and cowl.

4 Likes

So heā€™s cosplaying a character he created himself then. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think thatā€™s possible. I think that, for instance, if a fan comes to a convention as Deadpool, thatā€™s cosplay, but if Ryan Reynolds comes in a Deadpool costume, heā€™s just in character.

Itā€™s certainly a costume, but youā€™re not playing the character, youā€™re becoming the character.

8 Likes

Agreed.

Wayne takes the dangerous risks of being a vigilante, and actually lives the lifestyle of the costume he puts on; heā€™s not emulating anyone, heā€™s concealing his identity as he breaks the law.

10 Likes

thatā€™s probably because youā€™re not an eight year old girl.

Explorers is better.*

• not true, actually. It was better when I was 7. It really wasnā€™t when I rewatched it recently. But The Goonies isnā€™t worth going back and rewatching either.
1 Like

9 Likes

Dr Who 2005 has been all downhill since Eccleston. ALL DOWNHILL

2 Likes

Web board responses containing only or primarily relying on an animated gif are for people with nothing to say.

5 Likes

21 Likes

Academic subjects can fall victim to the Peopleā€™s Republic of Tyranny trope.

Any subject that needs to be hyphenated with -Studies -Theory or -Science is likely to be less than entirely rigorous. Things prefixed with Post- are even worse (As always, with notable exceptions).

6 Likes

What do you have against my degree in Post-Science Theory Studies, huh?

7 Likes

Name one?

1 Like

Materials Science.

Full of rigourous metallurgy, nanotechnology, inorganic chemistry and biomaterials, but all brought together to create new and exciting things.

6 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

23 Likes

Exactly this. Itā€™s fondly remembered because itā€™s a perfect film for 14 year old boys. Re-watching it as an adult is a bad idea, trust me. Kind of like the original Peteā€™s Dragon, which I adored as a kid but has aged very poorly; as an adult itā€™s hard to overlook that itā€™s got an entire song about child slavery and another song about how drunk Mickey Rooney is.

6 Likes

AwwwwwwšŸ˜Š

4 Likes