(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

4 Likes

26 Likes

And allergies. But, one can argue that is a subset of Pain.

1 Like

The author of that sign is a modern day saint.

12 Likes

The way we play that game, it has to be a word starting with the letter. It can’t just be in the word. License plates don’t count unless they spell an actual word. However, words like “X-treme” are acceptable.

1 Like

8 Likes

So “the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” being stuck on a sign wouldn’t do it for you?

3 Likes

I saw it in the past 3-4 years. The same guy who thought I needed to see Robot Jox made me watch it. I know it’s a classic but you had to have been there and I wasn’t. :laughing:

The original Ghostbusters is also bad.

7 Likes

I thought The Goonies was fun to see in the theater, back when I was 14. Unlike Thunderdome or Star Wars, I’ve not felt the urge to revisit it.

5 Likes

My least favourite Discworld books are the Tiffany Aching ones.
(yes, even vs. the Rincewind ones)

2 Likes

I generally like Tom Cruise films.

I generally dislike Tom Hanks ones.

2 Likes

Tom cruises dance in tropical thunder made me do a spit take.

6 Likes

I find Sam Vimes, by far, the least likeable of Terry Pratchett’s protagonists.

1 Like

I honestly think my problem is that I never saw it as a kid so there’s really no nostalgia or anything. Seeing it as an adult I really didn’t find much redeeming about it. I feel that way about many 80s YA “classics” (don’t get me started on Monster Squad… blech.)

1 Like

Gotta do something with all that drool…

Oh, thank god. I thought I was alone.

1 Like

You are dead to me… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I like that film and I was past the target age when it came out but it shows a lot of love for the genre. I make no excuses for it though.

3 Likes

11 Likes

If it helps, I also enjoy the films of Nic Cage.

6 Likes

14 Likes