(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

You say “Party Store” I immediately think of this:

But you’re saying they’re really more like this:

So apparently a “Party Store” is only using the term “party” loosely. Like how sex workers use the term.

10 Likes

Awwwwww! I would have been your friend. :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

Eccleston is overrated. Generally.

Downhill since Shallow Grave.

2 Likes

Try just one more episode from the revamp: Blink.

It’s Tennant rather than Eccleston with Piper, but still pretty early in this new version.

7 Likes

Weeping angels right? If horror gaming has taught me anything, it’s to never turn your back on statues or mannequins.

11 Likes

I really enjoyed eccleston. I dunno, the writing was cheesy, but it always seemed like the eccleston episodes were more grounded in an episode, as opposed to a giant arc.

I do have serious tenant envy though, and I will never deny it.

6 Likes

Me too. This lead to some confusion when someone jinxed me on a road trip and I stopped speaking. One of my tripmates thought I had been pissed off by something. It wasn’t until we parked (I was driving) that I could play charades to explain I wasn’t talking because I’d been jinxed.

8 Likes

I just saw the 2013 Carrie and it’s not bad at all.

4 Likes

Carpet is evil and brings nothing but pain.

9 Likes

Have you considered the benefits of concrete?

I’ve had an idea for a long time of trying to develop some kind of living indoor carpeting ecosystem. Maybe based around moss and grass and some kind of fungus.

Benefits: never vacuum crumbs and dust again. Downsides: gives “sick building syndrome” a whole new meaning.

Massive genetic re-engineering would of course be required.

7 Likes

I’m stripping things down to concrete and I’m happy to keep it this way. A few rugs in high traffic areas, and I’d be happy.

I’ve just realized I’ve been having an eminently shitty week. And it all started with the fucking carpet getting wet.

8 Likes

coke was a major currency for us young’uns.

The 70s - wasn’t that a time!

10 Likes

The last carpet in our house is in our bedroom. Been meaning to get rid of that stuff for a long time, but something always comes up… Our bedroom has been in disarray for over a year now – we had an unemployed family friend rewire it, but halfway through he got a good gig out of town and then he hurt his back…

5 Likes

I freaking love Clamato juice.

5 Likes
12 Likes
1 Like

That was my favorite BB post of the week. Neat to see there’s now a GIF! Who made it?

8 Likes

snagged from google images, sorry.

4 Likes

And worth sharing!

4 Likes

I think The Goonies is a terrible movie.

6 Likes