(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

We always rolled down the windows and barked!

3 Likes

Good news, one’s coming in two years.

8 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t know that either, despite being a neighbor.

2 Likes

In my neck of the woods, the person who yelled “jinx” late had to be silent until someone said their name. Never heard the Coke version until I was in my 30s (or somewhere around there).

9 Likes

Picture, if you will, a tiny frizzy-haired Bells, wearing the biggest scarf she could find and dragging a box with “K-9” written on the side by a string. This probably explains why I didn’t have a lot of friends as a kid.

14 Likes

It’s one of those specific regionalisms. Nobody from outside of the state knows what the hell a friggin’ ‘party store’ is before they move/visit here.

3 Likes

Aaaaahhhhh… yes! That was the penalty! Thanks for reminding me!

5 Likes

I love you, and I don’t care who knows it.

6 Likes

Not to me it doesn’t. You would have fit right in with my friends.

8 Likes

@OtherMichael not like whine? Unpossible!

13 Likes

I remember senior year in high school band, our teacher was burnt out, our repertoire had been played a million times, the school wasn’t doing well in the football season, so the band teacher pretty much just made the class an open period we weren’t allowed to leave, and put on classic Scooby Doo, Where are You?

I hated it so much. I’d rather practice scales on my tuba, but people yelled at me when I’d start quietly doing that.

Ah, yes, this is the part of the show where there’s a 13 minute long sitar song and it shows the gang chasing and being chased into and out of doors in a hallway. That never gets old.

9 Likes

Same. I tried watching the series that started in 2003, w/ Eccleston and Piper. Immediately hated it. Intensely boring way to start a show. Suffered through 3 episodes and called it on the table.

Occasionally I’ll see a show from the 60s, 70s and even 80s on PBS and enjoy it without any context. But the 2003 show seemed to think hair and makeup and costuming was more important than the characters seeming to have anything interesting going on.

2 Likes

11 Likes

I dunno. I’ve been told that I’d love Torchwood. So I’ll have to look into that one.

4 Likes

This site is deleterious to my waste-line.

6 Likes

You should at least see Children of Earth. It can stand on it’s own…

11 Likes

It was because it was in the south, where I was, and coke was a major currency for us young’uns.

6 Likes

I agree… he was sort of stuck in the blackhole too much. Or whatever it was…

2 Likes

Cyclists (in my area) are terrifically unsafe. No lights at night, not predictable, aggressive and confrontational. I cycle commuted for a long time and I’m getting back into it. The drivers suck, too. People suck.

[HouseMDpouting.jpg]

10 Likes

Where I played it, it was a gay-shaming game for super insecure dudebros. “You looked at my thigh with the hand sign, you’re a total FAG!” *Punches ensue*

2 Likes