(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

Are those supposed to be unpopular opinions? Because I agree with all of them.

7 Likes

I miss @japhroaigā€™s old avatar.

12 Likes

An unpopular opinionā€¦

I think Iā€™m awesome.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Tony Scott films are better than Ridley Scott ones.

10 Likes

A six-pack of cold domestic megabrau is better than a bottle of micro-brewed hipster piss.
Costs about the same, too.

Now THAT should be pretty unpopular round here. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Well, I mean, at least you know itā€™s potable and doesnā€™t have any ropey snot colonies on the bottom. (My former boss brought in six packs for everyone in the office, which he brewed after a year-long dry spell. I didnā€™t notice the ā€œsedimentā€ until it was too late, and had to take a Z-pack because of that. Turns out itā€™s a bad idea to attempt brewing beer with a SCOBY mother.)

10 Likes

The Muppet Christmas Carol is a much better movie than all the ā€œrealā€ muppet movies. And is also my favorite adaptation of A Christmas Carol.

17 Likes

I could do without the cheese and sauce and crust. None of them are good. Just give me the toppings. I guess thatā€™d just be a pepperoni and olive salad? I donā€™t understand people that order pizzas without toppings. Itā€™s like ordering dehydrated water.

5 Likes

Theyā€™re ordering open-faced grilled cheese sandwiches. Iā€™m guessing because the idea of flavor beyond generic grease and carbs frightens them.

5 Likes

Inequality is always going to be a thing

9 Likes

Iā€™ve mentioned this one before-

Cheese is horrible. Itā€™s milk thatā€™s gone off. It smells like it, too.

12 Likes

Hmā€¦ Thatā€™s interesting. I know that both cheese and stinky feet smell like that because of Butyric acid, and that with some kinds of cheese a blinded test wonā€™t be able to distinguish them by smell alone.

Maybe thereā€™s something psychological? Maybe youā€™re a supertaster? Maybe you just donā€™t like cheese? Probably the third one.

6 Likes

I believe in God. In fact, I believe in multiple gods in a very Neoplatonic sense. I pray to them, and I feel a sense of being heard in so doing.

13 Likes

Iā€™ll leave it at, ā€œthatā€™s very strangeā€.

5 Likes

You wouldnā€™t be the only one.

5 Likes

White chocolate is fucking disgusting, and neither white nor chocolate.

20 Likes

It can be an acquired taste. But not for everyone. Like hopfuck microbrew.

6 Likes

Now try being the token Orthodox Jew hereā€¦

11 Likes

I find that pizza is food with a million variations that are all more or less worthwhile (whatā€™s the old phrase? even bad pizza is better than no pizza at all?) but that the pizza you knew as a kid becomes Pizza. I love Chicago deep dish, but itā€™s an entirely different foodstuff than the cracker-crust cornmeal-dusted pizzas I knew from my childhood in Ohio and which I still adore.

8 Likes