(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

Yeah I think that is the reason kitties became domesticated, hey these humans have controlled heating maybe we could hang out with them.

6 Likes

That’s pretty much what happened.

We have ample food and heat.

5 Likes

It seems to me that they think we are ample heat…

And, in a worst-case scenario, ample food, too.

7 Likes

8 Likes

You should get that mole looked at

6 Likes

O Brother Where Art Thou is every bit as good as The Big Lebowski.

7 Likes

The Big Lebowski is a good movie, but not the GREATEST FILM OF ALL TIME that some like to make it out to be (prepares for “your opinion, man” gifs).

9 Likes

I do think it’s one of the best movies of the 90s and I’m not surprised it’s since become a ‘cult classic’. The plot and characters are colorfully ludicrous and the pace and setting totally L.A. I loved it when I saw it in theatres, and I love it now. But O Brother has a place in my heart just as near and dear and all its own, too.

7 Likes

Would that it were so simple.

4 Likes

You’re out of your element, Donnie! j/k

I’m really fond of Miller’s Crossing and their remake of True Grit just to name two others I don’t think get enough credit. :laughing:

6 Likes

Nobody’s going to claim that Intolerable Cruelty or The Ladykillers are forgotten masterpieces, though, are they? That’d be a proper unpopular opinion…

Doesn’t Miller’s Crossing generally end up pretty high when their films get ranked?

1 Like

Ladykillers isn’t as bad as it’s made out to be though. Not much replay value but it’s a classic in its silly field.

I don’t know for sure. Whenever people talk about their movies, you hear about Fargo, Lebowski, O Brother, and Burn After Reading. Maybe Raising Arizona if they’re trying to rankle (it’s not a bad movie but it’s a little annoying).

Wikipedia says it was a box office flop but earned respect as time went on.

2 Likes

Burn after Reading? Meh. Not a lot to it. If we’re talking late period I’d rather watch Inside Llewyn Davis. I should watch A Serious Man again too.

No love for Barton Fink?

2 Likes

I like Burn After Reading best of all their heist movies (Raising Arizona, The Ladykillers, etc.). J.K. Simmons makes that movie though and he’s not in many scenes.

I’ve only seen Barton Fink once. I didn’t really get into it. If I’m in the mood to watch someone have a bad time, I’d lean toward A Simple Man or Fargo.

I rate The Man Who Wasn’t There pretty highly, perhaps only because it took me a second viewing to get what the lead character was about.

1 Like

I haven’t seen Crimewave, The Naked Man, The Man Who Wasn’t There, Gambit, Inside Llewyn Davis, Bridge of Spies, or Hail Caesar.

The Man Who Wasn’t There is next on my Coen list though. :laughing:

Probably worth mentioning we have a thread for being wrong about movies. (Not to say any of us are wrong. That’s just my joke about the hotdog threads, etc.)

2 Likes

Real Boots do NOT have Zippers.

Boot like foot coverings with zippers are only fashion accessories and have no place being called BOOTS.

10 Likes

You are dead to me

6 Likes

That’s right; they have buttons:

7 Likes

I beg to differ though what I have are not great for walking around in.

those are close to the ones I have.

4 Likes