Powerful photographic portraits of Veterans For Bernie Sanders

[Read the post]

7 Likes

See what @cowicide missed by getting himself banned! This is awesome. When it comes to war, we need to hear from our vets more.

18 Likes

My American Legion hosted a Bernie Sanders phone bank, almost all the volunteers were Vets and family members.

12 Likes

Thanks, @Xeni! Great photography and the video was pretty good, too.

Web types will be interested in the page design - very impressive how well it works without external scripts.

5 Likes

Over on Open Secrets you can add up the numbers - Bernie Sanders is getting some of his biggest money from serving US military.

I tried to put the table in here, with highlighted rows for the military sources, but discourse won’t let me type raw HTML sometimes. I guess I should invoke the king of forum format: @OtherMichael, @OtherMichael, @OtherMichael! (If you say it three times, he appears in a sled pulled by hares named Slenderman and Betelgeuse).

<table><thead>
<tr><th>Contributor</th><th>Total</th></tr>
</thead><tbody>
<tr><td>Alphabet Inc</td><td>$254,814</td></tr>
<tr><td>University of California</td><td>$139,633</td></tr>
<tr><td>Microsoft Corp</td><td>$95,296</td></tr>
<tr><td>Apple Inc</td><td>$85,576</td></tr>
<tr><td>Amazon.com</td><td>$63,385</td></tr>
<tr><td>US Postal Service</td><td>$59,368</td></tr>
<tr><td>Kaiser Permanente</td><td>$56,363</td></tr>
<tr><td>US Navy</td><td>$52,803</td></tr>
<tr><td>Boeing Co</td><td>$47,206</td></tr>
<tr><td>AT&T Inc</td><td>$41,983</td></tr>
<tr><td>Intel Corp</td><td>$41,855</td></tr>
<tr><td>US Air Force</td><td>$40,783</td></tr>
<tr><td>US Army</td><td>$39,847</td></tr>
<tr><td>State of California</td><td>$39,786</td></tr>
<tr><td>Harvard University</td><td>$38,009</td></tr>
<tr><td>University of Washington</td><td>$37,635</td></tr>
<tr><td>US Government</td><td>$37,629</td></tr>
<tr><td>Cisco Systems</td><td>$37,293</td></tr>
<tr><td>Columbia University</td><td>$37,105</td></tr>
<tr><td>University of Michigan</td><td>$34,217</td></tr>
</tbody></table>
4 Likes

He’s banned? I didn’t even know it was possible.

Maybe he’s silently screaming in his mirror shard, somewhere…

1 Like

The right wing loves troops, not vets.

Just as they care about your foetus, but not your child.

6 Likes

Screencap?

The text dumped to a text-editor, and all of the spaces replaced with &nbsp;? (no probably won’t work)

The text of the tables dumped to a text editor with all of the spaces intact, and then treated as a code block ( the </> icon on the editor tool-bar):

03/10    10/01/11    10/01/13
03/10    08/01/16                

03/10    08/01/16                

03/10    08/01/16
1 Like

They don’t love them enough to not send them to war and take care of them when they get home, though. That’s not love for the troops, IMHO (from the daughter of a soldier, granddaughter of 2)…

2 Likes

Bernie’s measured approach will reduce the pool of people that terrorist organizations like ISIS will have to recruit from

Perhaps we could trust his judgment if he hadn’t participated in creating ISIS in the first place.

Why should one deem any of these peoples choices/endorsements sensible? People who were willing to blindly follow orders to further rather questionable goals.

… but thanks for your service, I guess.

Troops, 2003: “Can we have some body armor?”

Bush Administration: “We’ll get right on that. Off you go!”

1 Like

Citation please.

4 Likes

Yet they constantly cut VA benefits, keep military salaries frozen, and screw them over on disability/pension benefits when all of it comes for votes in Congress.

3 Likes

That statement was garbage. Saudi Arabia created ISIS as a way to horn in on the Syrian civil war. Syria being an ally of Iran is also the enemy of the Saudi bloc.

Rampaging through Iraq was a happy bonus for the Saudis as well because it expanded Sunni influence in areas which were Shia majority (Iran influenced) and Kurdish (who are the unloved stepchildren of the Middle East).

You know Sanders voted against the Iraq war, right?

10 Likes

Obviously avoiding unnecessary wars would be better still, but anybody who cares about the troops will do more than thank them when (if :() they come home.

1 Like

Agreed. They’ll pay their health insurance and put them through college, for a start. The republicans would never do such things.

1 Like

Yep

Pro life (but only until birth)

Support (sending) the troops (into danger, but not their families or their health or their reentry into civilian life)

1 Like

"That doesn’t mean the US created Isis, of course, though some of its Gulf allies certainly played a role in it "

1 Like