Prankster altered a thrift store puzzle, then returned it

Originally published at: Prankster altered a thrift store puzzle, then returned it | Boing Boing

6 Likes

As someone who frequents thrift stores, my impression is that very few people buy jigsaw puzzles there-- the possibility that it’s missing pieces is too much of a gamble. If he had a shrink wrap machine handy it might ensure someone would buy it.

That said, I like the idea and may steal it but with my own modification-- buy two jigsaw puzzles and switch the boxes. “Hey. . . this duck looks more like . . . a horse!?”

6 Likes

I was thinking I had heard something like that mashup before…

Lo and behold it’s from here on the Boing! I too would appreciate that being the outcome on my thrift store puzzle…

8 Likes

Ahem. That’s Heppy Erster to you.

9 Likes

I am altering the puzzle.

Pray I do not alter it further.

8 Likes

I buy thrift store puzzles, especially the ones that are missing boxes. It’s an awesome surprise to just work it out as you go.

I had one that had multiple textures and elements with big letters on it, that I hoped spelled “NOPE” but (of course) ended up “HOPE”.

I should have ‘customized’ that one, for sure!

5 Likes

Thinking: don’t point that’s the wrong movie. Don’t do it. Don’t be that guy. Ignore the itching sensation in your brain.

That’s the wrong movie.

1 Like

Thanks for the assist:

2 Likes

dangit!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.