Precocious John Deere-loving child is "your farming grandpa, reincarnated"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/24/precocious-john-deere-loving-child-is-your-farming-grandpa-reincarnated.html

2 Likes

Waiting for him to ask if the owner has the right to repair it.

19 Likes

Yeah - someone should tell him he needs to diversify from mere hardware and also learn to be a software engineer.

2 Likes

My grandpa? Two of my grandparents were born on the family farm, neither was the offspring who stayed to inherit the farm, and one of those great grandpas lost his fingers in his tractor thus improving the employment opportunities for other neighboring young men.

1 Like

Totally grew up around kids like that. Also kids his age who were full-on rodeo riders.

4 Likes

This kid could’ve been any of my cousins or brothers. Makes me nostalgic for a time before most of them decided that it was liberals and immigrants who cost us the farm, rather than Reaganomics and our country’s stubborn insistence that it’s morally just for a cancer diagnosis to bankrupt a family and cost them everything.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.