Presented in stark black and white, Batman Noir takes on the origin of comics’ greatest super-villain, The Joker

Richard Widmark in Kiss Of Death.

1 Like

Yes, @L_Mariachi.

Richard Widmark in the uncharacteristic role of amoral killer Tommy Udo.

1 Like

Of course there’s the original Joker:

5 Likes

Yeah, that is atrocious and i’ve read about how much worse they made it in the animated movie: her limited role in the comic saving her from being portrayed as a sex object and only a sex object in the film and making the implied rape completely unambiguous. Can’t say i have any desire to watch it.

2 Likes

I have never seen this!

I don’t know, I always thought it was coloured like shit. I wish more editors had the courage to look at actual artists’ tables and go “these are great, fuck colouring - this issue is B&W”; there are a lot of comics where the colouring really detracts from otherwise good art.

This said: unless DC have the cojones to say “from now on this is the canonical version, we disown the one in colors”, this edition is yet another way to milk money from a story published ALMOST THIRTY YEARS AGO. Is modern Batman really so shit that we must read the same stories over and over again?

1 Like

This will be the third color option for this particular title. There’s the original vibrant color version, a more muted palette version, and now black and white.

Can’t deny the facts.

The Man Who Laughs, (1928) Based on a Victor Hugo novel. He’s actually not a villain at all, but the tragic romantic lead.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.