President-elect Trump returns to Twitter to lash out at "very unfair" media

Lasted as long as it mattered.

2 Likes

I can’t help thinking that this is a slender thread of hope. The man is a child. He will respond to every slight insult, real or imagined.

There should be a Twitter contest to see who can get the biggest rise out of him before his inauguration. . .

18 Likes

Except I’ll doubt they’ll be beheld. This is the guy who managed to get elected without showing his tax returns, without showing his health records. I think he’ll be able to hide whatever he feels like hiding. And whatever he does, it won’t be a scandal, because, as Guiliani says, that’s just Trump being “brilliant.”

11 Likes

See, this right here is the thing. It would have cost him nothing to say the usual stuff: “Many people are angry and frustrated now is the time to come together I look forward to showing all Americans that I will work hard to fix our problems” blah blah blah. It would have cost him nothing, and might even (I guess?) have done some good? Maybe calmed a few people down? Made him appear reasonable and decent? But he can’t be bothered. I don’t think the sober, thoughtful mode ever even occurs to him. He’s just a big, horrible child.

12 Likes

Given that the only competition is going to be Barter Town Public Library he doesn’t need to put that much effort into it…

14 Likes

He’s a narcissistic psychopath. He literally doesn’t have the ability to understand other people’s pain when he hurts them. So of course his constant lying and divisiveness is natural to him, while actually trying to be decent is foreign.

To him this entire election was like an RPG. He was just minmaxing his PC. “Why are you mad? It’s just a game. It’s not like anyone besides me is a real person.”

14 Likes

Funny doctored photo.

2 Likes

If you’re a professional why would you need media incitement?

6 Likes

Just shout out “he” every time Ian Curtis sings “she”.

No, the thread of hope is that when we can calm down and quit reacting, we’ve got his number. Clinton displayed it wonderfully in the debates. Certain things will make him rise to the bait every time. Also, flattery is like catnip to him. Whoever coached Clinton on this is a genius, and needs to be working for Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi need to learn these powerful strategies and play him like an accordion.

11 Likes

I don’t want to be here until the inauguration anymore. Just… my head hurts.

5 Likes

Trump has a thin skin and an easily bruised ego. He is easy to bait, indicating that individual instances of baiting each take a tiny, tiny toll on him. I propose that he should therefore be baited at every opportunity: a nonstop, focused, unblinking campaign with the goal of manipulating him into acting more and more like a spoiled child. He’ll do it. He can’t help himself. His aides can only block out or hold off his tirades but so much. Make him mad. He’s stupid when he’s mad, and we need him stupid-mad and crazy to the point of losing the faith of his would-be supporters.

4 Likes

He sent out an updated tweet this morning that said “Love the fact that the small groups of protestors last night have passion for our great country.”

He obviously has an etiquette coach who is helping him seem like less of a sociopath. I also heard this morning that the Mexico wall talk has been downshifted considerably and that the Muslim ban talk isn’t on his web site anymore.

2 Likes

You’re way off.

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/immigration.html

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-on-preventing-muslim-immigration

Ah, I see that they restored the Muslim ban language to his website. It disappeared yesterday.

1 Like

Very briefly.

The only hope lies in me either not taking enough time or it not being on the greatagain.gov site.

It’s been a hundred years, but it looks like it’s time to dust this off again:

7 Likes

We need to stop expecting Christians to ever embrace the Christ of the Bible. You can’t shame a nationalist, Christ only exists to justify the evils they do.

5 Likes

I’ll reach people wherever they’re at. It’s the only way we’re ever going to get past the divisiveness.

1 Like

Telling them they have Christ wrong is “divisiveness” and as effective as poiinting out racism, misogyny, and late-stage Capitalism.

You can’t make them good persons in that way it would seem.

3 Likes