President tweets something dumb again, slurs 'three lowlife reporters' at Washington Post

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/07/president-tweets-something-dum.html

11 Likes

President tweets something dumb again

So it’s a day of the week ending in “Y” and it’s around 3am?

36 Likes

I like to imagine that his staff has to pull out old School House Rock videos every time they need to explain some element of the constitutional process.

41 Likes

Now if only someone would explain to him what it means to be a decent human being. That talk is at least 60 years overdue.

27 Likes

Might as well sticky this at the top of the page, @xeni.

13 Likes

the irony is that the house hearings ARE due process. Someone should have also told him he gets the lawyer when he’s actually on trial in the Senate.

In which we know full well that his attorney for that will be…

30 Likes

I feel like we need a built in Trump Translator for his missives.

“This was just explained to me…” = “I’m going to say something that makes me sound dumb and ignorant on purpose because my social media team knows that it endears me to my base to sound like an average joe who’s horrified at the Washington political machine”.

22 Likes

I genuinely wonder if anyone at the White House has or will try to explain the difference between an investigation taking place in the House and a trial taking place in the Senate?

I also wonder if he’s been told that “due process” requires that the subject of an investigation gets to be present during witness interviews and the gathering of evidence, or if it’s just something he assumes and no one can/will correct him?

ETA: I would love for some reporter to ask whether Trump believes that the Central Park Five were denied due process because they were not allowed to have their lawyers present during witness interviews?

On the plus side, this tweet was nearly half grammatically correct, so he’s got that going for him.

20 Likes

He named three Wapo journalists in a tweet. That’s disturbing. I hope they take precautions.

19 Likes

I think that his Tweet focus group is an ignorant angry for no reason family of mid west tractor welders who live under rocks and KFC buckets.

4 Likes

LMAO :joy: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Yes I will

14 Likes
34 Likes

TL;DW unless they dub in Trump’s name or an attack on one of his enemies.

4 Likes

I often think of this scene from Guide for the Married Man whenever I read one of Trump’s tweets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN2gU0XU5FU

1 Like

It’s the old joke: “who are you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?”

9 Likes

Waste of breath. I am reminded of the “if a man’s salary depends on him not understanding something…” but in Trump’s case it’s more like if his existence depends on him not understanding…

11 Likes

Can somebody explain to him about double negatives? “Fake Washington Post con job”, I think, means it’s not really a con job, just a fake con job, so, umm, it’s OK then?

You have to wonder if any of this sinks in at an informational level with all those twitter followers. Could they explain anything about any of the stories he trashes, or is the only thing that they remember that Washington Post==Bad?

This would work on consistently good or bad agencies, but when he has to call Fox News fake and stupid every time their take is negative, it would tend to leave the followers with no heroes at all.

It’s funny that the WaPo keeps hiring various conservative voices, their opinions still must run about 60/40 conservative, (with about 2% of voices from the Bernie end of the spectrum), yet that 90% of the GOP that loves Trump continue to be told they’re a propaganda organ of America’s Enemies.

5 Likes

I just leave this here …

26 Likes

Was this a lamentation or a command?

8 Likes

19 Likes