Preventing typography disasters, from the Oscars to prescription bottles

Switch to Barilla, they do it right.

“Cottura 11 minuti”

-jeff

2 Likes

I had a doctor who was so good at explaining what medicines to take when. He’s the only doctor who really took the time to do that. Since mostly what doctors do is prescribe medicine, since having him, I’ve often wondered why most doctors don’t take the time to really train their patients to take the medicine properly. It’s nice to have instructions on the bottle, but I think it’s even better if people are motivated to take it appropriately because they were properly educated on how to use the drugs effectively.

3 Likes

My prescription bottles are pretty clear on instruction for how many to take and when to take them, The information sheets attached to the bag probably aren’t read by most people; even simplified, with “plain English” explanations, a thousand words can be overwhelming, no matter how clear the print is.
My issue is with the warning stickers that appear randomly. Sometimes one bottle will have 4 of them, and the next month, none. Once I received a small narrow bottle that had at least 5 warning stickers, but I could only read the top one, because the pharmacist (or their assistant) overlapped them to fit them on the bottle.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.