Pride 2022: Rainbow Capitalism Edition

Some of the memes are pretty funny.

Also, fuck The NY Times!!!

8 Likes

Burger King Austria has introduced a Pride Whopper for Pride Month featuring “two equal buns for equal love and equal rights.” But the effort has some social media users laughing.

Various social media commenters have joked that, by selling a product that features “two tops” or “two bottoms,” the fast-food company doesn’t understand how gay sex works

I did not expect this, even Fox News is celebrating Pride Month.

:arrow_down: Contains transphobia :arrow_down:

5 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Just watched the latest episode of The Boys and noticed the “Inclusive Kingdom” section of VougtLand. That show really can skewer evil corporations pretending to care.

9 Likes

Yeah, I had to stop and replay the “Brave Maeve” bit. :astonished:

7 Likes

Every time I think this shit has peaked, it gets worse:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ceg0gBfMnUP/?hl=en

6 Likes

"CIA fosters an open and inclusive work environment to ensure all officers can serve the nation confident that they will be judged by their integrity and work ethic overthrowing democracies around the world and not by their sexuality, gender identity, or gender expression.

We join our LGBTQ+ officers and the greater community in celebrating Pride month and are committed to maintaining a safe environment for all wealthy Americans."

Fixed that for them.

4 Likes

I’m sure I missed some of the gags but I did catch food vendors including “LGBTurkey Legs” and “BLM BLTs” among the performative corporate virtue-signaling at the park.

8 Likes

The bottle does look pretty cool.

7 Likes

That would be Dan Akroyd’s vodka company, which got me wondering whether his loopy conspiracy theory stuff had any bleed over into anti-LGBTQ+ territory. Thankfully it seems not. He even mocked the movie studios for passing on distribution of the Liberace biopic he starred in because they thought it was “too gay.” So enjoy the vodka I guess!

10 Likes

Good to know Dan Akroyd hasn’t gone full fash because his conspiracy stuff certainly had me wondering. Likely won’t get the vodka though — I already have certain vodka’s I like and while the bottle looks cool, it would just end up in the recycling bin anyway.

7 Likes

Yeah he was interviewed about so-called “Cancel Culture” a little while back and his take was basically “seriously guys, it really isn’t that hard to tell a joke without being intentionally hurtful and offensive.”

Plus his stance on fascism has been clear for decades.

12 Likes

Super Troopers Good Job GIF by Searchlight Pictures

1 Like

This coming from a guy who’s buying twitter so he can turn the transphobia up to 11 :face_vomiting:

“Personal choices”, Fuck you Elon!!!

4 Likes

Meanwhile, Starbucks shows what they really think about Pride when it comes to their bottom line.

6 Likes

Every time I see Starbucks CEO mentioned in a headline or article, something awful always follows.

6 Likes

One exception: “Howard Schultz Drops Out Of Democratic Primary Race” That was a good one.

5 Likes

I’m calling bullshit. Unions have usually pushed for coverage. You’re more likely to have gender affirming care if you’re part of a union.

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s totally incoherent nonsense, but it does show perfectly how corporate capitalism is totally prepared to throw their trans staff under the bus without a second thought, if there’s a possibility it can divert workers from unionisation and collective action.

It’s almost surprising how blatant they’re being about the attempt to use the issue as a tool for divide and rule. And of course, the timing that has them announce this during pride month.

7 Likes