Pride 2022: Rainbow Capitalism Edition

Pride month has started, so let’s “celebrate” corporations pretending to give a shit about LGBTQ+ people.

14 Likes

The internet is being nicely cynical about this today:

26 Likes

Nice to see something different than the normal one month show of “support”.

17 Likes

19 Likes

13 Likes

I’d say they forgot to include Sombra Corp, from King’s the Dark Tower, but it does not seem to have it’s own fictitious logo.

13 Likes

I was bored.
sombraPride

18 Likes

Nicely done… and frankly kinda terrifying, if one has read that particular series.

6 Likes

Thanks. I haven’t read it in a long time now, but I remember it being very good. I think I picked up the first 3 or 4 books at a book sale a few years ago, I should give it another read.

3 Likes

The Dark Tower is my favorite series by King; I re-read it every few years or so.

The idea of the tower and beams connecting multiple planes of existence really resonates with me…

9 Likes

Ford Motor Company Reaction GIF by Ford

The only book in the series I haven’t read is "The Wind Through the Keyhole".

3 Likes

That’s more of a prequel, anyway; a story within a story, as narrated by Roland.

2 Likes

Okay, then I’m not missing out on the main story then. Though I do like how pieces of The Dark Tower series show up in his other work, so I will probably have to give that a read at some point.

2 Likes

Nope not at all.

IIRC, it’s basically a story from his youth that he told to Eddie, Susannah and Jake one night when they had to abruptly take shelter from a terrible storm.

2 Likes

Seeing some fun reminders about how the sanitized, corporation-friendly version of Pride month tends to gloss over how the modern gay rights movement started when a bunch of long-oppressed people staged a riot after being pushed past their breaking point by New York City police.

11 Likes

12 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

Actually not shocked at all.

9 Likes

I would be shocked to see a corporation actually do something courageous.

7 Likes

when pigs fly evil laugh GIF

9 Likes

made this up a while back

but considering the firm’s complicity, it would have to be pretty clueless to rebrand themselves like this.

6 Likes