Prince Andrew stripped of all military titles

That’s the kind of Shakespearean job perk that might make it worth being royalty. Sadly for them, these “have Mummy send him to the Tower” moments are only going to be once-in-a-lifetime events.

3 Likes

I “feel ya”: The British royals have a long-standing problem with “-philia”…

1 Like

Oh, and now I also know @DukeTrout!
beer

3 Likes

The second one is funny, but the third one is classic.

10 Likes
11 Likes

No sweat. Apparently. We’ll find out.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Luckily/Sadly, the Tower doesn’t have handy butts of malmsey any more…

3 Likes

Time Out was the last stage, where he wasn’t allowed to do royal appearances where they turn up, cut a ribbon, shake hands… This is closer to a dishonourable discharge. Well, maybe less than honourable discharge at this point.

2 Likes

Ah royal family values, where marrying a wealthy beautiful mixed race American actress is just a little less bad than habitually raping young girls!

…progress I guess?

6 Likes

A divorcée as well!

I seem to recall that the last time something like this happened (minus the mixed race aspect) it was kind of a big deal.

5 Likes

Maybe a deal, but I don’t know about big deal:

Yeah, I figure you meant this:

6 Likes

Yeah mostly facetious - Harry is pretty far down in the line of succession anyway. Still, one recalls the huge pearl clutching that happened with Elizabeth’s uncle recently enough to still be living memory for some (never mind the fact he was a Nazi sympathizer so it’s probably just as well he stepped down). At least Andrew is even further down the line than Harry (and I don’t know that recent events have changed anything here), but stranger things have happened when it comes to British royalty.

5 Likes

Come to think of it, for some people1) the key word here might be American.

1) One or two twigs on the British branch of the family tree come to mind.

3 Likes

Currenty, it’s

Sixth. The Duke of Sussex

Ninth. The Duke of York

src

And both those numbers will almost certainly grow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.