Prince dies at 57

And all thanks to Prince and “Darling Nikki”!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Purple rain (for as long as the link stays up.)

2 Likes

Interesting me to note that when Bowie died, no one seemed to think mourning his death on Facebook was a problem, but with Prince, many of my more conservative friends are writing that it’s a shame to mourn someone we don’t know but instead we should be honoring our veterans. I think it’s racist bullshit. I see them as equally inspirational and worthy of respect. Personally, Prince meant more to me. Bowie was more of my sister’s generation (4 years older) but Prince was part of the MTV generation.

7 Likes

I’m not surprised that people are pulling that “you didn’t know him” out, especially from conservatives. It is racist BS. Plus, his ambiguousness made some people feel weird, especially probably white, straight men. Here’s this guy who could shred, but he’s small, dressed feminine and in heels.

8 Likes

My mom hating him when we were young, I feel like it was very much out of that white fear of black sexuality. What’s crazy is he is a super tiny guy and in a lot of ways not traditionally sexy, but he oozed it, apologetically.

4 Likes

UNapologetically, I think you meant to type!

7 Likes

About to take off on my purple motorcycle to go see Purple Rain with my daughter:

4 Likes

Was your mom Tipper gore! :wink:

But seriously, I think he garnered a fair amount of distaste for his sexuality, his race, his ambiguousness, not to mention his serious chops. Too many people were just jealous of him.

4 Likes

OMG! I wonder if I can convince my family we need to go see this in the theater!

1 Like

Some great videos surfacing:

Super sexy and super great all the way through - at the end he starts stripping and it is H O T

Prince on the Muppets - the first part is a weird Hee Haw take off, then he has a segment latter where he sings a couple of songs with the Muppets. Love the Purple One but sadly, acting was not his strength.

Annotated video of the live footage of the first time Purple Rain was performed. The concert recording was the basis for the album version. The performance is fabulous and the comments have some cool trivia:

1 Like

I’m gonna go post this link in the other Prince thread!

2 Likes

Double hotness:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 302 days. New replies are no longer allowed.