Private eye caught woman he was hired to spy on having sex with his own teen son

[Read the post]

That’s statutory rape. And she got only 30 days for it. That’s insane.

Under Utah law, statutory rape is

Unlawful sexual activity with a minor to have sexual intercourse with someone age 14 or 15 → Up to five years in prison unless age gap is less than 4 years.

Unlawful sexual activity with a minor to have sexual intercourse with someone age 16 or 17 if the actor is 10 or more years older than the victim → up to five years in prison.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-r-0376.htm

I’m picturing the kid trying to high-five his dad after he gets caught.

3 Likes

There are just zero good life choices involved in any of this.

3 Likes

And the husband most likely still had to pay for the detective’s services…right? There’s the rub.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

He got just what he wanted - some dirt on his ex to use in his divorce proceedings. “Convicted child molester” is pretty hard to top in that department.

7 Likes

Ask the boy if he feels violated by something other than the journalists.

4 Likes

Is that what you’d say if the genders were reversed?

3 Likes

…highly selectively enforced, particularly in the no-longer-legal-but-still-common cases of “plural marriage.”

5 Likes

“ask the girl if she feels violated by something other than the journalists.”

a 17 year-old . . . i don’t know about @shaddack but i might say that.

3 Likes

Pretty much yes. If there aren’t signs of exploitation the relationship can be all ok.

1 Like

As for the private dick, I remember some hoary old chestnut about never peeking through knotholes lest ye be vexed.

But once again, he knew the job was dangerous when he took it.

2 Likes

Even apart from the age issue there’s also the teacher/student relationship to consider. That’s a helluva lot of power imbalance for a sexual relationship. Pretty creepy any way you slice it.

9 Likes

David Lee Roth wouldn’t have thought so. But that only reinforces your point. :wink:

9 Likes

But this IS Utah after all.

Very much so. There was a really good article about a guy who slept with his teacher and reflecting back on it later in life. Kids that young aren’t introspective enough to evaluate the viability of a relationship with someone with such an age gap.

3 Likes

Oh, please. Dance instructor?

8 Likes

“This IS Texas, after all. Gun violence is totally OK here even if it isn’t elsewhere.”

If they put “Utah” in the first sentence, I’d have stopped there…

1 Like